Bruce or Burwell

Cav

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Has anyone been out getting perch over the last week? I haven’t seen any reports lately.

Has anyone been out getting perch over the last week? I haven’t seen any reports lately.
Might be some still going out looking for perch, but once the eyes and bows start showing up in numbers, (right about now) people tend to go out in search of them instead. They're easier to find than perhaps the perch are AND they tend to cooperate better;). That might be a reason why the reports about perch have slowed or stopped. I know the pier in Pt Bruce is all but dead now and has been since those storms a couple weeks ago. Finding emerald shiners for bait has been an issue too. Can't find'em anywhere to buy or catch yourself. I haven't been to the pier since last Tuesday but I had the privilege of going out after eyes and bows out of Glascow with Wave Runner last Wednesday, then got handed a honey do list which I finished today (at least I think I finished it :unsure:;):LOL:) so if I'm lucky, I might be able to get out fishin again in the not to distant future, but that future won't be tomorrow with the weather forecast.

Might be some still going out looking for perch, but once the eyes and bows start showing up in numbers, (right about now) people tend to go out in search of them instead. They're easier to find than perhaps the perch are AND they tend to cooperate better;). That might be a reason why the reports about perch have slowed or stopped. I know the pier in Pt Bruce is all but dead now and has been since those storms a couple weeks ago. Finding emerald shiners for bait has been an issue too. Can't find'em anywhere to buy or catch yourself. I haven't been to the pier since last Tuesday but I had the privilege of going out after eyes and bows out of Glascow with Wave Runner last Wednesday, then got handed a honey do list which I finished today (at least I think I finished it :unsure:;):LOL:) so if I'm lucky, I might be able to get out fishin again in the not to distant future, but that future won't be tomorrow with the weather forecast.
Guess I’ll have to start saving the minnows when I leave the cottage when I come home.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks