Brook Trout

murph

Spent the morning on a small creek close to home fishing for some Brookies. Managed to pull 6 or 7 out of the small pools in the creek. Time well spent!

Attachments

• IMG_v6rnmy.jpg
    IMG_v6rnmy.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_lhmw3r.jpg
    IMG_lhmw3r.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_981mp8.jpg
    IMG_981mp8.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_-xcz9z7.jpg
    IMG_-xcz9z7.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 88
Let me open with I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHERE! Just a comment about how much fun I had as a teenager doing the same thing in the vicinity of Beverly Swamp and a bit north on highway 6. Every one of those trout were gemstones 4” or 12”
It took some real moxey to not spook them. I just couldn’t kill them. But we had an infinite supply of meat in Lake O so I didn’t need to for a meal.

Not sure we're Beverly Swamp is but I'm a ways from hwy 6. I usually stalk bigger fish but it was a blast catching these guys. Probably lacking the moxie you talk of as my stealth needs work. All were released, although the first was perfect pan size.

Let me open with I DONT WANT TO KNOW WHERE! Just a comment about how much fun I had as a teenager doing the same thing in the vicinity of Beverly Swamp and a bit north on highway 6. Every one of those trout were gemstones 4” or 12”
It took some real moxey to not spook them. I just couldn’t kill them. But we had an infinite supply of meat in Lake O so I didn’t need to for a meal.
I use to fish Beverly swamp area when I was a kid with my dad and grandpa and there was no shortage of brookies. Went back in my early 30's licking my chops but was disappointed to find that whole water system was full of pike ? most likely started from Valens conservation. Oh well I'll cherish the memories tho ?

Very nice !!!
Spent the morning on a small creek close to home fishing for some Brookies. Managed to pull 6 or 7 out of the small pools in the creek. Time well spent!
Very nice!!!! Love bush whacking for specks. I just got in Saturday morning here. Fished for an hour got limit. All about same size as yours . Released them all. We are blessed with a fine trout fishery of you know where and put in the work!!! They are absolutely loving the pink mepps...water is high and running fast.

Attachments

• 20200502_072954.jpg
    20200502_072954.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks