Bronte question: launch and parking

Zosk

Never launched at Bronte and thought i would give it a go in the am. Is everyone launching at the public boat launch there and is there ample parking?

I’ve heard the launch is pretty nice now and there is a decent amount of parking.

Launch and ramps are great
I think it was $20
There is a small aria front of the ramps and a parking lot a hundred yards away
Be advised: go super early as it will be a zoo, take the parking spot front of the ramp ,on the other lot when it's busy some "#$%&^%#" parked in the middle of the isle , my partner went to get the truck and trailer 87 back and forth later he managed to crush the fender on the trailer " not his fault as far as I'm concerned " had to get out and move the trailer sideways by hand to able to get out
When we came back the dock aria was a shit show with seadoo owner blocking the entire ramp and just hang out
On weekends I will avoid it

Alot of lake ontario ramps are like that..cityiots...I find burwell ramp awsome to use, guess its because its monitored..I'm going to glasgow tomorrow hope weekends are ok there

Was a zoo when we came out. Rude people not taking their turn. We waited an hour almost and we were next to get out because people launch then can’t find parking. But fishing was good.

I think it was $20
Be advised: go super early as it will be a zoo, take the parking spot front of the ramp ,on the other lot when it's busy some "#$%&^%#" parked in the middle of the isle , my partner went to get the truck and trailer 87 back and forth later he managed to crush the fender on the trailer " not his fault as far as I'm concerned " had to get out and move the trailer sideways by hand to able to get out
When we came back the dock aria was a shit show with seadoo owner blocking the entire ramp and just hang out
Same as us.

Go to the Oakville Shipyard launch usually not as busy. Bronte be there no later than 5-5:15 otherwise you probably won’t find a spot.

I think it was $20
There is also a gravel lot ...by the entrance...on other side of creek ....less hassel getting out

Depending on were you are coming from.... if your taking 401 from Kitchener , Cambridge , Guelph way.... I would run 401 to Trafalgar down to Lake shore ...and launch at Shipyard marina ( 16 mile creek, Oakville Yaht club) a little bit of construction ...but lite traffic ...and much faster than hwy 6 to 403 to Bronte

I went to shipyard marina today ...got there at 5: 30
4 trailers in parking lot and 1 showed up while I was prepping . Coming in at 11: 30 ...had dozen. Paddle boarders ...but they where polite and stayed out of way .... had a guy at ramp ..trying to launch a seadoo ...first timer ...I think...rather entertaining lol ... he used entire ramp...45 degree SUV on one side touching dock ...and trailer on other side ...went waste deep to get seadoo off trailer .
He was apologetic anyway... and shocked how quickly I was able to pull my boat ( drive on... step out hook safety chain..jump on tailgate and way u go)

I gave up on Bronte a few years back. Now we launch from Fisherman's and will not go back to the bronte zoo.
Lots of dock space to take your time and go get your vehicle without idiots trying to get past you. WAY more parking also.

You guys should see how lake front promenade is on a weekend get there at 11 and open the popcorn..almost everyday it's a shitshow..free launch and noone to control flow..its a good weekday launch

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks