Broke the skunk

Helmut

Second in command and I finally broke the skunk. This year has been brutal for us.
anyway out of dover to the elbow area trolled east west in 65ft. Tons of mark in the 20 to 30 foot depth but only 4 knock offs from rigger.
decided to drop that same rigger to 45 ft then finally a nice 8 pounder. All hits came on nascar spoon 2.8 to 2.8mph.
seemed whenever I raised or lower my gear the buggers moved too.

That's great, nice to see spoon & 2.8 mph did the trick.
Nice not having to worry about worms in the heat or buying them.
May have to carry my Salmon box next time out.:)

When I troll for walleye I try not to exceed 2.2 mph mark. IMHO, 2.8 is too fast for walleye, but good for bows. I did OK yesterday at Burwell, solo, landed 5 eyes in about two hours, all spoons on lead core.

the problem with going to slow is farm animals ..there must be a billion of them out there this year ,,,,,2,5 to 3mph works well for us ,,,Dutch

Totally agree about the farm animals. But 2.4 was the ticket yesterday and our last outing as well with only 1 sheepshead in the mix! I find once you hit 3 mph the hits drastically decrease

Speed could definitely be the issue for me. I have Ben running faster this year than previous. No sheep though lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks