Fishing Report Bows, bows and more bows

Brandon S

Headed out to the elbow last night around 530pm for the evening bite. Started in 60fow and worked our way out to 100fow. Once we hit 90ft, the bows were hungry. We couldn’t keep 4 poles in the water. I lost count after we released the 20th bow. We lost a bunch while reeling (thank the lord).
Managed to bring home 5 eyes and kept 4 bows.
If you’re heading out there today or the next few days make sure to bring some bug spray and a fly swatter. The flys were terrible.

Attachments

• IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2713.jpeg
    IMG_2713.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Headed out to the elbow last night around 530pm for the evening bite. Started in 60fow and worked our way out to 100fow. Once we hit 90ft, the bows were hungry. We couldn’t keep 4 poles in the water. I lost count after we released the 20th bow. We lost a bunch while reeling (thank the lord).
Managed to bring home 5 eyes and kept 4 bows.
If you’re heading out there today or the next few days make sure to bring some bug spray and a fly swatter. The flys were terrible.
Great fishing report!
Not sure how many rainbow we tied into yesterday(at least a dozen) but we too couldn't be happier when ever they fell off after we iced a couple. Was thinking it was the spot we fished but by the sounds of things you fished miles south of where we fished.. they are just every where's out there I guess.

Once again great report & thanks for sharing.

Tell Bailey to try one of those bows on the bbq.
….filet, leave skin on…butter aluminum foil….lay skin side down. Put thin sliced onions, pepper sweet and hot, any kind of spices, lemon fresh or juice. A few dabs of butter on top, then cover with bbq sauce. fold foil into a tent, bbq on high for about 15-20 min depending on size until flaky. It is a favourite of Ashley

Tell Bailey to try one of those bows on the bbq.
….filet, leave skin on…butter aluminum foil….lay skin side down. Put thin sliced onions, pepper sweet and hot, any kind of spices, lemon fresh or juice. A few dabs of butter on top, then cover with bbq sauce. fold foil into a tent, bbq on high for about 15-20 min depending on size until flaky. It is a favourite of Ashley
She said that sounds amazing. Maybe we will have to invite Ashley over to show us how it’s done lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks