Body baits

Nofish

Does anybody run rrf's off planer boards with inline weights? I've run taildancers with a 3 oz inline weight 50' in front of lure with some luck but wondering about rrf's and how much weight?

Works well I did it with the poor man’s downriggers and banana weights anywhere from 2oz to 6oz all depending on how deep the fish are. I only ran about 10 feet infront of the lure but I’m sure longer distances would be even better. Ran both ripplins and spoons off this method. Although I have switched to all leadcore now as I like how it takes the guesswork off of how deep your lure is as the fish move

I have, run 50-50-50. That's 50' from the bait is the weight, 50' from the weight is the board and the board is 50' from the boat.

Lots of charts out there to use for snap weight line out and size. Ripplins run pretty much neutral for depth, i would think you would need like an 8 oz snap using the above 50/50 method to get in that 40' zone that common this time of year

I've switched from 2 oz to 3 oz banana or cressant weights now that the fish are deeper. I use harnesses or RRF or spoons.
With a 3 oz back 90 feet puts me down 39' at 1.5 mph. 100 feet back gets it to 41' Board goes on after that.

rrf on and then 50 feet back goes a 5 oz snap weight and then 100 feet of line and then the clip to the big board. I find this is where the fish are now at 40 to 45 feet down. With a tail dancer just 2 oz snap weight and with a bandit 3 oz snap weight

I've used the poor mans down rigger in Algonquin and northern remote lakes we kayak / canoe. The old 2lb ball attached with para cord on a divers (or kite spool) with clip release. Yakers put these on a small anchor winch. Great for remote deep water fishing. Not recommend on boats with motors. To light and easy to catch in the prop.

Attachments

• IMG_0284.JPG
    IMG_0284.JPG
    305.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks