Off Topic Body bait strategy this year.

Dmanwithnoname

This is from the American side. I’m going to employ this observation when using body baits this year.

Attachments

• FDA6BA54-D5EB-407B-AC29-6103298EC3EE.jpeg
    FDA6BA54-D5EB-407B-AC29-6103298EC3EE.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 252
Strange, because here in the Eastern basin I can wash a live target smelt for hours, while everything else is getting absolutely smoked. For such a good looking smelt bait it just never seems to do well for me at this end.

Best lure on my boat for the past few years hands down is the DW SS Perch SS2655.

Nothing else comes close. 🌻

Strange, because here in the Eastern basin I can wash a live target smelt for hours, while everything else is getting absolutely smoked. For such a good looking smelt bait it just never seems to do well for me at this end.
I've got a dozen live targets in bluegill craw and perch. Most of them Suck and do not true. Have you checked yours to see if they roll or lay on there side when being pulled.

Here is a good read I borrowed from another site. The research may be a year or two old but it is very informative.

Here is a quote from the article for those that don't want to read through it.

"According to the most recent Lake Erie Yellow Perch Task Group’s research, yellow perch were virtually nonexistent in Central Basin walleye stomachs, walleye are eating mostly gizzard shad in the Central Basin, at up to 72 percent of their diets, with smelt at 7 percent, emerald shiners at just 5 percent and all other fish combined, including some yellow perch, at just 9 percent.

Similarly, in the Western Basin, walleye are eating mostly gizzard shad, at 58 percent, with yellow perch comprising only 2 percent of their diets."

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks