Boating during the lockdown

WCM

Just wondering if boating/fishing at Long Point is allowed during the lock down? Was out last Thurs night and didn't see even one other boat, then saw the thread here about an $800 fine. Any info is appreciated. . .

then saw the thread here about an $800 fine. Any info is appreciated. . .

The $800 fine is baloney.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Golfed in Tburg NO fine. Also didn't mouth off and wore a mask in clubhouse. Fines were probably those 8 guys drinking a case of beer in the parking lot and saying how they lost their freedom. Golf and boat ramps not the issue. Parking lot parties are.

The marinas that have opened their launches have said they are open for the purpose of fishing. So bring a rod and a fishing license should you choose to go.

The lockdown rules leave a lot open to interpretation. For example, you may leave your residence for essential reasons like obtaining food. Fish are food. It doesn't specify where that food must come from.

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning nor condemning taking your boat out on the water.

Last edited:
The marinas that have opened their launches have said they are open for the purpose of fishing. So bring a rod and a fishing license should you choose to go.

The lockdown rules leave a lot open to interpretation. For example, you may leave your residence for essential reasons like obtaining food. Fish are food. It doesn't specify where that food must come from.

Disclaimer: I'm not condoning nor condemning taking your boat out on the water.
Well said and agreed.. ..I think its the access points that are the main areas of concern. Just so many grey areas with some marinas open, some not all on the same water.

From watching the amount of traffic around Lake Erie last couple nice days....DoFo's stay at home order is not working.
DoFo says its to restrict travel and gatherings.
It's not working Dougie.
Listen to your medical advisors....outdoor activities are good for healthy well being.

I also believe you made a grievous error when school supplies aren't essential especially home schooling for the rest of the years.
Quit listening to your political chronies and take the advise from experts.

Back