Off Topic Boat windshield

Quacker_Smacker

Seeing how you guys are amazing on here with all of the knowledge you have I have yet another question. The new to me boat I bought in the spring has a plexiglass glass type of plastic windshield but the corner is broken off and it has one on he moubting holes in that piece. Any suggested repair facilities or methods for this as I am pretty handy myself. My neighbour plastic welds but he cannot find much info on plexi glass and before I let him try I though I would seek more info here. Thanks again in advance.

You could try either of these places to see if they can help you, both are in London. Just a suggestion but you may want to consider Lexan which is a polycarbonate resin thermoplastic that is superior to plexiglass.

https://www.polymershapes.com/

Bayshore Plastics
383 Richmond St, London, ON N6A 3C4
Phone: (519) 679-1200

Are you thinking of making a new one or repairing the old one? If it's Plexiglass (acrylic) you're likely out of luck. If it's Lexan (polycarbonate) it may be repairable but even then, it's probably simlpler to make a new one. If it cracked it's likely plexiglass since lexan is damn near unbreakable.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks