boat wax

allen12

I have a 18.5 ft aluminum I going to dock it at the lake this year whats a good wax for the bottom hull to keep the alge off a little....ty

I don't park my boat in the water but i had really bad water marks from the previous owner who did. Even after i cleaned the boat with acid the water marks would reappear after each outing. I finally bought some "sharkhide" and it seems to work really good at keep my boat looking new.

I have yet to find a bottom wax that works. I have tried just about everything on the market including shark hide. There is nothing that I have found that will stop the algae from collecting on the bottom. But the one thing that you do not want to use is bottom paint used on glass boating. Although it may seem like a good idea, the bottom coat paint has copper in the paint. Copper will eat away at your aluminum and then thin out the metal. At the end of the year best to do the acid wash and high pressure water. If you find something... post it. I think there would be a few people interested.

I should clarify that sharkhide works great above the water line and below provided it is a day use boat... pulling the boat in/out of water. I put sharkhide on the boat last year and still had the algae... came off OK...but did not prevent the build up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks