boat washing service

Arawak

This was my first year with a slip, and I was surprised at how hard it is to get that brown crap off the bottom after a couple months sitting in the water. I had a go at it earlier this summer and had to break out the muriatic acid to get it off. Didn't take long for it to all come back.

Mike and Linda at North Erie Marina (these folks have been great) have a boat washing service and I was thinking to sign up for that. Mike said they use a power washer and some eco-friendly stuff to clean the bottoms. I was just wondering if anyone here has used them before and how it came out. Or if there any other place I should consider?

I use to take my boat to North Erie Marina when it was the previous owners to have it bottom washed. They used an acid wash and it always turned out good, now I just use 50/50 muriatic acid and water. I have tried all kinds of other products and have had no luck getting the bottom clean after sitting in Burwell for a few months.

Get a good pressure washer, a gallon of home hardware brand toilet bowl cleaner.
It takes a bit of time but it comes off pretty good.

the spray nine hull cleaner works amazing!!! i mix it 60/40 with water in a spray bottle... spray it on wait 8-10 mins and it washes right off!! great product

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks