Boat trailer wheel bearings

That looks perfectly fine for wheel bearings. It is an EP-2 grease.

It was actually a quadruple studder. I've managed the double on more than one occasion myself. :LOL:

Oh right, I missed the 4th one because there was an advertisement about erectile dysfunction separating it from the other three.....its almost like this interweb thingy knows what I've been researching (n)

Sorry @walleyeman I goofed, I copied and pasted the wrong one. :confused: :rolleyes:
The Valvoline grease I meant is this one and I pick it up in the States but I'm sure you can buy it here somewhere.
I like synthetics over conventional oils or grease for everything.

Valvoline Synpower Synthetic Grease
61UajHic1uL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks Wave Runner- I appreciate that! I will get some- Looks real good! and Bernie- You are SO right about the axles! Thanks again Walleyeman!

Realistically, if you keep your bearings maintained, there really shouldn't be a need to replace them. If you do find that replacement is needed, make sure that you replace the bearing and cup as a set. Bearing Buddies or EZ Lube hubs ensure the hub void is filled with grease, preventing water from entering and settling. But, they are not a substitute for regular bearing maintenance. As for grease, you want something with an NLGI EP grade 2 GC-LB rating. Typically an automotive grease will meet this standard. When it comes to seals, or on the very rare occassion, a bearing and cup, I prefer to spend the extra and avoid the cheap Chinese offerings. There is a difference in quality, and finding yourself stranded on the side of the road is not the place to realize this.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks