Off Topic Boat name change.

cmac

I purchased a 24' weekender boat as a project {re-power) and it is now completed short of minor tweeking. During that time, I removed the existing name, for obvious reasons, and I am now being told I just cursed the boat for doing so. These folks, who owned boats all their life, are dead serious about this and said they will never board the boat even if it was in the driveway. Hmmmm...really? lol. Did I just damn myself here? Opinions?

As for religion and superstitions/supernaturals I'm a 99.9 percent non believer. That being said ; I've been on this planet for 62 years and in that time I have come to witness that 0.1 percent of the unexplainable. So why take any chances... go ahead and have a renaming ceremony. Great excuse for a party and you don't piss off any gods .

Well folks. thanks for the variety of interesting opinions. I think I am going to leave the slate blank for the time being until such time I put her in the water and see how she performs. She will have to earn her name.
However, stomp, there is now 80kg. of bananas in the aft hold...right beside the volleyball...just in case!??

Don't be silly, just follow this procedure and you'll be fine. :D

Renaming of a boat.

Superstitions can be a powerful force if you believe in them. :unsure:

I found far more links for physically removing the name from a boat than how to prevent bad vibes from doing so.

That’s awesome! What a great link! Not 100% sure how all that champagne works out, on board while at sea, but should be fun finding out, lol ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks