Boat launch

Driftrunner

Hi all I am planning on making a trip to Long point bay on Wednesday or Thursday and was wondering where a good spot to launch would be to find some smallies and bait ???
I am coming from London and have a 19.5ft deep V any other tips to make a good day would be appriciated as well
Thanks in advance
Driftrunner

go to rotton ronnies in longpoint for bait we did well this weekend useing tube jigs and just drop shotting with minnows

Driftrunner, there are several good launches in Long Point. Once you cross the causeway watch for the signs on your left hand side, you can try Sandboy, Marina Shores and farther down is the Old Cut Marina or there is the launch at the Provincial Park even farther down the point. There are also others on the north side of the bay with Port Rowan being the closest. I recommend you launch at the Old Cut Marina on the south side which is roughly half way down the bay. You can pretty much start fishing from there and keep heading east to Potahawk Point. Smallmouth bass can be caught anywhere in that part of the bay. I'm not sure just how good it is now as I haven't fished for bass at Long Point in several years. But we used to catch between 60-100 smallies almost anytime trolling with Bayou Boogies and Cotten Cordell Rattlin' Spots. We also did well slow drifting with live soft shelled crayfish or leaches, in fact some of my biggest smallies (5-6 lb.) were caught using thit method. I never much cared to eat bass so I always released all of them. I hope this helps and good luck bassing. 8D8D8D

Thank you for the info guys its a help Ill let you know how I make out I love this site great info and very helpful

Driftrunner

Back