Boat hit at dock

rivermanZ71

i would just to say thanks to this JACk ASS of an old guy today, I was at Big Otter getting some minnows and on way back too my boat I see this old guy running his boat up the port side of mine, bent my antenata mount and put a couple of nice deep scratches down the side and on top of the gunnel. He didn't even have the common courtesy to say sorry, he just put the boat in reverse and booked it. So just a heads up out there for three old guys in a legend.

Sorry for your luck, you would think an "old guy" would have been raised better than that. I came out of work two weeks ago to find some idiot took my mirror off. No note, no name, just a potential $500 repair, luckily I was able to snap it all back in place and it has lasted. I hope the fishing was good!

That duffus would also be the same old guy that keeps a kids ball if it ends up on his lawn. Karma is a bitch, he'll get his. Too bad you couldn't get his reg. number on his boat.

If they were as old as you portrayed, then maybe they didn't even know they hit you. LOL. And there is not much time for there Karma.

Wonder if same old guy that did that to my bass boat at the ramp, this year. Yelled at him, and he took off. To busy to chase him down.

No time for these disrespectful A-holes I hope he is on here and is brave enough to contact you for an apology and offer to repair your boat mistakes happen pull your skirt up and be a man about it instead of a coward

Stuff happens -- boats are a pain in the wind or current or when tired or because it's Monday. Not a big deal as long as they stop and order replacement parts on the spot ;) I really don't like hearing that a boat of guys just took off like that.

Question, if you run into another boat does insurance help you? I don't think I would think of it... just swear a lot and throw more money in the water... but curious.

I doubt insurance would cover it. I THINK boat insurance is usually attached to home insurance.
As an aside....
Years ago I had my freshly painted impala ss parked at the back of a lot at a mall in Kitchener.
As I'm walking back to the car, I see a blue hair lady park her olds 98 right up the ass end of my car. then back up 1/2".
I approached he in a calm demeanor (its a little old lady....). I said "ma'am, you just ran into the back of my car, and there is some damage that I can see..."
She literally told me to "F OFF!!"
I could have beat the piss out of that old bag for being so bloody ignorant.....
In hindsight, she likely didn't even know where she was.

It sucks, but that's life, eh?

My dad had the same thing happen at big otter launch few years ago. Someone put boat in and it smacked against the side and put a nice dent and scratch in it.

absoulutley there are great boat insurance policys out there...if people are not boat insured for liabilty... you are takin a huge risk...that boat accident would claim as a collision and most boat insurance policys would cover that..like why wouldn't they...I have 2 boats and my deductible is $200...they would throw the book at you for personal liability if someone was physically hurt or killed with your boat....its scary to think of all the disrespect out there...incredible and sad

Last edited:
First off I think the fact that they took off is wrong and that is normally a personality trait, born a--hole. That you can't change its genetic. In defence of the old guys I have to say my father and father in law are both in their 80's and still love fishing but it is a full time job taking care of them. I get them out as often as possible and I am dead by the time we come in. Their hearing and sight just doesn't work the way it used to. I have seen both of them run into things at home without a clue. Not to say that was the case riverman, they probably knew exactly what they did. Just wanted to throw that out having to watch it regularly. We may all end up like that some day....old guys, not a--holes.

growing old is no excuse for causing property damage to someone elses boat...same thing for driving a car...if there not capable of driving they are not aloud to drive and cause damage or injury or death...wake up TonyV and have some common sense...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks