Boat floor!!!

average ryan

Just curious I have a 16' spectrum walk threw windshield just curious if any one knows of a ruff price it may cost to replace the floor because between the seats and the walk threw it's soft

Tough thing to determine without pulling off the carpet and looking at it Ryan. If water has soaked into the stringers, ribs and foam it will be a big job. Usually it isn't just replacing a bit of plywood. If you don't want to rip the carpet out now put a few stainless wood screws in it through the carpet and see if it stiffens up. If it won't hold the screws you know you have a bigger project ahead of you.

I did 2 of the floor panels in my Alaskan this winter. Not difficult..I did a StarCraft in the past. You need a shop/garage big enough to house the job, basic woodworking power tools, a GOOD rivet gun (air is best). Here's a breakdown of costs for the Alaskan panels (2 x 96" x 24")

1 sheet 4'x8' 3/4" exterior grade plywood $80
Lund vinyl flooring 100
domed rivets 30
glue, sealants, etc 50

total material $260

It took a few days, but I was fussy re fit, installing seat bases, etc. I could probably do it in 2 days....but the Lund Alaskan floors are easy to work on. Fitting around a walkthrough might take more time.
As far as the stringers, etc they're probably aluminum so wont need work The foam can be replaced if wet, but it should be OK.

Ya I did my 16 smokercraft with 3/16 aluminum, coated it with spray on box liner, painted it, never worry about it again. All for 400 doing it myself.

I just finished the same project on my boat. It's a 19' thunder craft. It's no small project when you get into it.

Provided your stringers aren't shot you may be ok.

I pretty much rebuilt my boat from the hull up. New stringers, all kinds of new fibreglass.. New MARINE grade plywood. Pails of resin, new carpet, new foam...

I couldn't be more pleased with the result. Do your homework and have a look around YouTube for ideas. Check out frisco boater. A great DIY tutorial from an everyday boater...

Go slow, be cautious.

Slapping a "bandaid" may cause more trouble than it's worth... If your boat is worth fixing.. Fix it right.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks