Off Topic Boat Cover

Simon

I am docking my boat this year and need to get a replacement cover for my 22.5 Lund/inboard .Everything I see looks to need straps that go around and under for the tie down .Don't really want to have it custom made ,and trying to get away with having to use the button snaps ,maybe some sort of cord and ratchet to tighten it around

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look to get one

Dowco makes a ratchet around cover got one on my alumacraft which came with it not sure what all boats the make them for

I dock my boat and use a pretty inexpensive cover from Amazon. I think the brand is Classic. It has tie downs designed to go around the boat or trailer to hold it down. For docked coverage I just attached the front straps to the bow ring, the stern ones around motor and then the three on each side I tied a 2lb rubber covered hand weight from CTC to hold it down. My boat is smaller than yours at 17' but it works for me.

Contact Converta Boat... Burt will design WHATEVER you want/need at a reasonable price...

I'm in the exact same boat (no pun intended) boat is going in the slip tomorrow and on a wait list for a new snap on mooring cover. I found some suction cups that attach to side of boat to use as tie down points, just tried out today and seem to hold tight. Pack of 4 on amazon for around $25

I just talked to the people at Dixie auto trim (next to extreme marine) and the are making me a custom mooring cover.
Talked to the last week, dropping it off tomorrow and they say I'll have it Wednesday.
With the investment of a brand new alumacraft, not sure why you would cheap out on a cover.
Just my .02

I had one from Amazon lasted 3 years for just over a 100 just ordered a different one a few days ago should be here in a week, actually my mrs ordered it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks