Boat Camping Thoughts

Shank

Always thought it would be cool to drag the boat up on the beach at the Lighthouse with firewood, a few beers and a tent, and spend the night under the stars. Approx 15 years ago, I tried this on the night before bass opener sleeping under the boat cover out in the shallows of the Bluffs but the mosquitoes were as bad as I've ever experienced. Thinking maybe a nice May night would be better to beat the bugs out of hibernation.

Also did this once in Bay Of Quinte and was as amazing of a memory as I can recall.

Don't want to get in trouble out at the Lighthouse as I know there is some sort of Ministry building out there. Anyone have any thoughts or memories or recommendations to pull something like this off in Long Point area?

We used to do it on the point years ago, have some memorable stories of those trips. Some good, some really bad. The last cpl years they have put signs up there now saying no overnight camping. As far as the building its the summer house for the University students to do there studies out there. They wont bother you if you decided to do it. It is crown land and you can use the CLUPA to see what is and isn't crown land. There is ways around it being a dynamic beach. Also as long as you're not being an idiot and clean up after yourself those Unis out there just keep to themselves, get high and play with migratory birds. There used to be great spots to pull up the boat and hide. Now its all gone. Lastly Bluffs Bar is exposed and you could camp on that. Biggest thing ..........CHECK FORECAST. You can go to sleep flat calm and wake up at 3am to a wicked storm if you plan it out properly. Like I mentioned, the point has signs now saying no camping. But I highly doubt if being quiet and just one night there is going to be a flotilla of OPP boats coming to get you.

We did that quite a few years ago, but slept on boat. Mosquitos were horrible.

Remember one night as wife and I walked all around the sand spit to the other side, it was getting late. Walking back we see the couple that were in a boat close to us anchored on the same side now as us, the far side in the sand just going at it. Dude was giving it to the gal from behind so they didn't notice us walking. We had to get back as it was getting dark and we knew mosquitos were about to come out and got fairly close to the lovers going at it. She was first to see us and bolted into the grass leaving him trying to pull his shorts up. It was hilarious.

We did that quite a few years ago, but slept on boat. Mosquitos were horrible.

Remember one night as wife and I walked all around the sand spit to the other side, it was getting late. Walking back we see the couple that were in a boat close to us anchored on the same side now as us, the far side in the sand just going at it. Dude was giving it to the gal from behind so they didn't notice us walking. We had to get back as it was getting dark and we knew mosquitos were about to come out and got fairly close to the lovers going at it. She was first to see us and bolted into the grass leaving him trying to pull his shorts up. It was hilarious.
After reading this, I'm having serious doubts about asking my buddy to join me on the point.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks