Bluffs tomorrow

jamieharrower24

With the nice weather and winds (although a tad high) from the West Im going to make a run out to the bar tomorrow afternoon with one of my kids. Will be trolling around and see whats biting. Anybody else going out tmrw to take advantage of the high temps? Anybody been out to Bluffs as of recent? Ill try to make some reports out there if cell reception ok, seems to be hit and miss on my carrier out there. :cool:

Good luck out there my favoriites are rapala DT 14 best colour purple craw dad

@jamieharrower24 I made an attempt this morning but got turned away with 5-6’ waves on the inside of Pottahawk sand bar. There were big waves breaking on the other side of the bar. Guess they were leftover from yesterday’s winds. Looks like my $300.00 of fuel will get used another day?

@Three Bouys
We crossed the mouth of the bay around noon. It was full canvas enclosure. Drifted the start of the bar casting. No luck. I'm more a trolling guy like you. We went up and down the edge workimg from 8' to 18' with spinners and cranks. No luck. Went into the middle of the bowl and tried drifting with harness. Got a rockbass and ok small mouth. Gave up on that and went back to trolling the bar after the winds settled till dark. Nothing again. I was hoping you would be out there to show me how to better wash my lures. It was a nice show coming back in seeing the weather on land. I guess the ol saying a day on water beats day at work.....even if it is a $300 lure washer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks