Bluffs pike aug. 18

bassaholic

Left OC livery at 7am with @ColtPilot in his boat and headed to the hot spots. First 5min there I got my first pike! We trolled for 4hrs in 18-20fow with 7 pike to show for it and 2 or 3 lost at the boat. Best fish of the day was 8lbs and 32" long.Water was calm ( till the ride home:)) and lots of people out there. Thx again for the great advice @Three Bouys it helped tremendously. Gave you a wave on our way by trolling, hope you did well also.

Last edited:
Good day out there and good fishing. My iphone is acting weird, so I'll send you the other photo once I get it straightened out.

Left OC livery at 7am with @ColtPilot in his boat and headed to the hot spots. First 5min there I got my first pike! We trolled for 4hrs in 18-20fow with 7 pike to show for it and 2 or 3 lost at the boat. Best fish of the day was 8lbs and 32" long.Water was calm ( till the ride home:)) and lots of people out there. Thx again for the great advice @Three Bouys it helped tremendously. Gave you a wave on our way by trolling, hope you did well also.

Saw you guys out there, glad to see you did very well also. We had a late start from a late night but we managed to land 4, lost 2 at the boat and 1 throw back.

Saw you guys out there, glad to see you did very well also. We had a late start from a late night but we managed to land 4, lost 2 at the boat and 1 throw back.

You must have left your good luck charm, Kirby, on the dock... I would have...

Pike fishing is wonderful stuff -- Norderns the Americans would say --you got any Norderns up there I'd hear--anyway for about 20 yrs at this time of yr I always fished the long weed bed roughly 1/2 way from Bluff Bar to shore -- the most effective way to catch big pike [we caught 100s] up to 18lbs was to use large gold williams wablers but you had to get the technique down well --stay within 30-40 yds of the weed bed and anchor or drift on a light wind -- cast out with a large split shot 12" up the line --let it go to bottom and reel in so slowly you will think you will catch bottom --you rarely will -- pike will pick up the lure and you'll feel a clunk and when they do sink the hooks --keep your rod down and pointing towards the lure to ensure the best hook up when you strike --always use your arms and not your wrists to do this

Back