Bluff Bar Pike??

ColtPilot

Hi all,

With the water temp. warming up, have we seen the last of the pike at Bluff's now until fall? I missed out so far this spring, but I'm loving the perch run and looking forward to bass season. If the pike are still there, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot next weekend, weather permitting...

trolled Arnold's secret bait and everything else on sat. for several hours and only one one dollar minny pike was caught, cost me a buck! great weather nice ride Dave

The surface water temperature was 65 degrees last Wednesday when we last fished Bluff Bar. The pike were extremely active, at least where we were and at the time we were fishing, because all three of us had fish on almost immediately. That can change any time of the day. Typically pike are difficult to catch in the summer because there is much more weed growth for them to hide in and they become less active in warmer water. It is also tough to trick pike into striking something they have been hooked on before especially if the presentation is consistent like a trolled lure. John Piggott was experimenting last Wednesday and they would only follow lures that were not eratic and were simply not interested if they were the wrong colour. Pike should still be fairly active until surface temps exceed the mid 70's.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks