Bluff Bar Pike - Saturday

ColtPilot

Great day on the water Saturday. This is my 11-year-old with one of the pike measuring 28". Trolling inside the bar at about 3 mph. Three of them came on perch coloured rapalas.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Scott

Fall2012061_zpsa1bcf548.jpg

Glad to hear that you had a good trip. Nice fish and a great smile on the young lad. I'm sure he will be eager to go again.

Coltpilot,
We did good also, we landed 11 pike. Smallest was just over 4lbs and the largest was 9.5 lbs. When we first got out there, we caught and released 5 small pike in the 2lb range and then it picked up. Pictures will follow as soon as my fishing friend sends them.
That will be my last trip out there for the season, I almost ran out of water trying to get out of the Old Cut. I need at least 2.5' of water and my deepth finder was telling me there was only 1.5' of water below me on plane:0:0 With the trim tabs down all the way, trimmed up the outdrive and throttle wide open we made it out.
Now I will fish the inner bay with the 18' till the ice stops me:D
Jim

It is shallow getting out. We launched at Turkey Point, so it wasn't too bad. I'd like to get out to Bluff's for at least one more try. I'm hoping the action keeps up throughout October.

Nice going Coltpilot, was deciding myself about going there Saturday but went Perch fishing at Port Bruce in 50ft caught 3 limits.

Back