Birdy #2 Christmas Dinner with MIL

Trevor M

As mentioned in previous posts, my MIL and her bf had that illness at Christmas, so we postponed and rescheduled Christmas with them until they were well again and enough time had past after they got well again that my wife was comfortable having them over.

That get together happened yesterday (13th) and a good time was had by all.

Here's a picture of the second birdy I cooked for "Christmas" this year. It was a little bit bigger than the one I did on Christmas Day. Also a picture of the nice flower my MIL and her bf gave my wife for Christmas.

I didn't get a flower :(:cry:

They gave me money to book a trip out with @tailfeathers later this year. 🥹

I think I'm going to use the money my wife gave me for "fishin stuff" and some of the money my parents gave me as well, add the difference out of my own pocket and that'll get me enough money to get out at least three times with Tom later this year well before I'm even remotely close to thinking about coming out of hibernation. 😁

Watchin football and hockey today, so I'll be taking the Christmas decorations down tomorrow (FINALLY) starting with the outside stuff. If I don't get to the inside stuff until Tuesday, or maybe even Wednesday, so be it :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Birdy 2 for Christmas Jan 13.jpg
    Birdy 2 for Christmas Jan 13.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 28
  • Pretty flower from Anita and Nick for Christmas.jpg
    Pretty flower from Anita and Nick for Christmas.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 28
i'm just about ready for turkey again... :)
Not much left of the birdy. I'm in the process of making the stock with the carcass to make another soup. I sent them home with one of the containers of soup I made from the birdy my wife and I had on Christmas Day, one of the fruit loaves I made, and a package of perch out of the freezer.

As mentioned in previous posts, my MIL and her bf had that illness at Christmas, so we postponed and rescheduled Christmas with them until they were well again and enough time had past after they got well again that my wife was comfortable having them over.

Here's a picture of the second birdy I cooked for "Christmas" this year. It was a little bit bigger than the one I did on Christmas Day. Also a picture of the nice flower my MIL and her bf gave my wife for Christmas.

I think I'm going to use the money my wife gave me for "fishin stuff" and some of the money my parents gave me as well, add the difference out of my own pocket and that'll get me enough money to get out at least three times with Tom later this year well before I'm even remotely close to thinking about coming out of hibernation. 😁

Watchin football and hockey today, so I'll be taking the Christmas decorations down tomorrow (FINALLY) starting with the outside stuff. If I don't get to the inside stuff until Tuesday, or maybe even Wednesday, so be it :ROFLMAO:
@Trevor M the turkey 🦃 looks fantastic 😋 and good job!! 👍 Maybe you will get some flowers 💐 the next time!! 🤣😉 Money given to you for a fishing trip on @tailfeathers charter sounds like another great fishing trip again,with your limit of walleye's like on the past fishing charter’s that you had taken with @tailfeathers I will be listening today to the London Knights game on the radio this afternoon,while I am sorting out my ice fishing tackle,and checking my blades for sharpness on my ice auger,etc, for potentially a trip out ice fishing,whenever and wherever that day may come. Enjoy your day & GO KNIGHTS GO!! 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1534.jpeg
    IMG_1534.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
@Trevor M the turkey 🦃 looks fantastic 😋 and good job!! 👍 Maybe you will get some flowers 💐 the next time!! 🤣😉 Money given to you for a fishing trip on @tailfeathers charter sounds like another great fishing trip again,with your limit of walleye's like on the past fishing charter’s that you had taken with @tailfeathers I will be listening today to the London Knights game on the radio this afternoon,while I am sorting out my ice fishing tackle,and checking my blades for sharpness on my ice auger,etc, for potentially a trip out ice fishing,whenever and wherever that day may come. Enjoy your day & GO KNIGHTS GO!! 👍🙂
I'll be at the Knights game next Saturday afternoon vs Kitchener. IF things remain as they are in the standings heading into that game, it could be a battle for first overall. The Knights are only 1 pt back right now.

Today though, I'll be watching NFL playoffs all day (first game is at 1) and then likely bouncing back and forth between the Leafs game and football during commercials later tonight.

Today though, I'll be watching NFL playoffs all day (first game is at 1) and then likely bouncing back and forth between the Leafs game and football during commercials later tonight.
Yeah, THAT up there I quoted I said, it didn't happen. First game was postponed until today. (Buffalo game. Apparently they thought it was cold or something even though with the wind chill, they played in what felt like -32C in KC the other day.) and then before I could bounce to the Leafs game during a commercial, I fell asleep watchin the Lions game. Saw today the Leafs lost and the Lions won.

Got the inside Christmas stuff down and put away. Will do the outside decorations later this week.

Oven or smoker?

Save your money. I will take you out for free.
Thanks for the offer. I decided that it was silly to sit on the "fishin money" I was given for Christmas since I'm not even remotely ready to come out of hibernation yet and won't be for a couple months still so I spent it on London Knights tickets and a Knights jersey instead. As I said in another thread, my wife thinks she created a monster, and even made point of it to tell me when I told her I was thinking I might get one more ticket to one more game over what I already have, "you can't go to every game," to which I replied, "IF I could afford and get seasons tickets I could." Apparently, that was the wrong thing to say. :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks