Best Wax

if its a new fibreglass boat with gelcoat ..3M makes a good quality wax for fibreglass gelcoats..theres liquid or paste that comes in a jar.. I use a polishing/buffing machine...if its an older oxidized boat you will need to use a compound to remove the chalking first.. I was fortunate to get a selection of good quality 3M marine products free of charge...:)

if your docking your boat for the season.. some boat owners paint the bottom of the hull with an anti fouling paint...when i docked my boat I use to wax the bottom and then apply a second coat of wax and leave the coat on...then when you take it out at the end of the season...the fouling come off much easier...

Last edited:
100% 3M... They also make a wax with a compound in it to remove the chalking and it leaves it nice clean and smooth... I use every year on my fiberglass boat.... Polishers/buffers really make the job easy

I to received 3M wax and compounds gratis . Its all I have used and it works very well. I hear Maguire's also has good !@#$ for fiberglass boats. I believe theirs is a 3 step system if your boat is heavily oxidized from Maguire's.

When I had a boat polishing business in the long point area I used Maguire's Number 50 cleaner wax for most decently kept boats. If boat was oxidized and needed a touch up would use 3M compound and then 3M finesse paste finished with Maguire's 45 sealant wax. Most important thing is temp when polishing a boat

W
When I had a boat polishing business in the long point area I used Maguire's Number 50 cleaner wax for most decently kept boats. If boat was oxidized and needed a touch up would use 3M compound and then 3M finesse paste finished with Maguire's 45 sealant wax. Most important thing is temp when polishing a boat
what is the best temp? Where do you find Maquires 50?

after you get your boat nicely waxed...wax up and polish your spoons...3Ms metal polish that comes in a tube works great for shinning up your salmon spoons...

wax your boat in mild temperatures...avoid direct sunlight..I waxed surfaces in the shade...
does anybody wax todays clearcoat finishes on cars & trucks...

best temps are like today around twenty and in cloud, I always got my stuff through marina shores. Another tip buy a good quality polishing pad if using a power buffer, The ones that look like a mop head work best the foam ones will burn the wax on occasion and create more work.

You can find the 3m polishing products at Napa auto parts stores , I’ve been painting and polishing cars for almost 20 years now and I agree 3m polish is the best. They have a three step process that if used correctly can’t be beaten. Hope this helps

You can find the 3m polishing products at Napa auto parts stores , I’ve been painting and polishing cars for almost 20 years now and I agree 3m polish is the best. They have a three step process that if used correctly can’t be beaten. Hope this helps
Do they have products for aluminum boats?

Back