Best Spoon Storage

DaveJ

Looks like Im in isolation for 10-14 days as I had a bit of a throat tickle that I get EVERY spring (? grass allergy) but going into work at the hospital I got screened and sent for a swab...now Im locked up. Too bad...no work...
Anyways, Im getting tackle organized. I have 4 of these full of spoons...

spoon bag.jpg

..and they can be a bit of a PITA cause stuff falls out and gets caught and tangled.
Im thinking of hard storage, but I have so many Id have to use a million regular Plano type boxes.
Whats the best route????

Attachments

• spoon bag.jpg
    spoon bag.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 83
I’m trying spoon pads from Amish outfitters purchased 3 pads and made 3 pads with supplies from Lens Mill Store (can make for about $6.50 each ) I was using Plano boxes . Will see how I like them
9AA136F4-5368-42AA-BAD6-0A56A33A5354.jpeg71707288-DC1A-48AB-A0C3-763F828B9444.jpeg

I have one of those bags @DaveJ, it sits in my garage filled with my less than favoured lures.

I know I'm gonna catch hell for this pic, but here's my spoon storage.

View attachment 21771

My body baits are sorted by depth, shallow and deep diving, in two separate bags with plastic divided boxes.
I like that set-up hvyhaul- No hooks to get caught up with one another. Great looking shot and very neat!

I have one of those bags @DaveJ, it sits in my garage filled with my less than favoured lures.

View attachment 21771

My body baits are sorted by depth, shallow and deep diving, in two separate bags with plastic divided boxes.
Wow and I thought I had spoon sickness lol. You still have room for 25 more at least.

I ordered 2 plano spoon boxes like hvyhauls of of fleabay or amazoon for a good price last year, they work great ,keep everything organized ,help keep the paint in good shape and you can choose a spoon without going threw many smaller boxes. ( I still have one more to fill..and now that I have seen hvyhauls I know where to start !!) Good luck Dave.

I have 3 Plano 3771 boxes, they are the lowest height in the 3700-series, and they have angled dividers. One for large 5-inch lures (mostly those magic Shoehorns :) for lake O), one for small lures 3.5-4 inch (lake O and E) and one for cranks (all lakes). Each one stores somewhere in the 12-16 lures, and I don't see why would I need more than that. They fit very nicely into any 3700 tackle bag or a storage compartment in a boat. Not a fan of these cool boxes and storage pouches but can see how nicely they fit in a big charter boat :) . The rest of the lures not fitting in are in the basement, like another 30-40 lures.

Also, I have an extra 3700 deep and a regular box that has EVERYTHING I need for a fishing trip, i.e. releases, weights, 6 lures for lake O and 6 for lake E, and 4 RRFs, dodgers, leaders, flies. Basically, once I am out, and I do quite a few leave-from-work-earlier-for-evening-fishing trips, I want to spend as little time as possible to set things up and avoid juggling boxes etc... as usually I am the one doing all the setup work and I am still kinda newbie, so I am throwing only 2x 3700 boxes in front of me and take it from there...

Last edited:

View attachment 21771

I got the same boxes holds the spoons well even if lid left open won't go all over the place , only problem I find if its bumpy on the water be careful reaching for the spoon as I had not paid enough attention and my hand came out of the box looking like a decorated xmas tree

Attachments

• 20200329_163019.jpg
    20200329_163019.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
Ok it looks like boxes with foam. They look great. Do you think I need to go to a 26’ to make room???

I have the Walker bags and i have the same problem of spoons falling out of those bags.I havent tried it but i thought of glueing a strip of velcro to the top portion of each row of pouches to keep the spoons inside the pouch.I do have the special mate box they are nice and organized.For crankbaits I like the Amish crankbait box that holds 14 crankbaits individually and they are clear .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks