Best Fish Batter Recipe

Outcast

OK we all catch fish, but who thinks they have the best way to cook them!!:D

I like Darryl Cronzys fish batter, buy in the fishing section at Canadian Tire. Usually deep fried in my turkey fryer as I find its better then any pan frying method! Garnish with fresh lemons and some tartar and you have one hell of a meal!

I prepare mine the same way as Jwalsh but I prefer cajun flavour Fish Crisp seasoning mix. It has a little spice to it and ends up being nice and crispy outta the deep fryer.

Try Potato chips crushed up. Salt and vinegar, ketchup or dill pickle are good. coat filets in flour and dip in egg then coat in potato chips. Fry in oil in a deep sauté pan.

I'm a fish crisp guy as well. They have a few great flavours. My favorites are the original, garlic & butter, cajun. Sometimes I mix the garlic and cajun together. But I like using butter in a frying pan. To me it gives it a great flavour and you cant over heat the butter or it will burn and therefore you don't over cook the fish. Yum Yum. Now i will have to take some out for tomorrow. LOL

No problem giving away the new hot fishing spot....... but the secret batter for the best deep fried fish...that is almost sacred....:)

Fish crisp is pretty good as an alterative....

Fisher-Price

:)Here is a recipe that I really like and it"s quite simple.

3/4 cups of flour
1/4 cup corn starch
2 Tsp. baking powder
1-1/2 tsps.of salt
1 cup of water or beer

It"s called "Gerritts Batter" Note; Make sure fillets are dry when you put in batter. Must be fried in 375 degrees oil. Crispy as they come. :p
Larry

Rocky Madsen's Fish Crisp Roasted garlic flavour!!!Nothing beats it for perch and pickeral!!! I met Rocky Madsen(grandson) at the Simcoe perchin' for MS tourney last March and i asked him why he didn't donate any fish crisp for prizes and he said "That's to valuable of a prize.I wouldn't want to see everyone fighting over it!!"

After trying everything over the years this is my all-time favorite. It's always crispy golden brown and oh so tasty, give it a try. Also great for shrimp and chicken. ENJOY!
Golden Crispy Batter

1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. white sugar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup water

Mix ingredients together until smooth.
Coat fish and deep fry at 375 F for 4 min.

i've tried a ton and i prefer the bass pro original and the beer batter. batter crisps up just like in a restaurant! i've fed it to alot of people who don't normal eat fish and they come back for seconeds, i love the stuff. Only eat a couple times of year though, super high in sodium:(

My son brought home this yellow and brown box from Walmart called Chip-Shop Batter. It is from England and it is really good, especially with perch and chicken. Much better in a deep frier than in a pan.
I spend a lot of time in Cuba when I can and the fishermen down there call Kronzy's batter... "The Magic Powder"..and beg me to bring some down for them every time I go. I never have to worry about going hungry down there as long as I have a box of fish hooks and a sack of Cronzy's with me.:D

Deep Fried Walleye

1/2 cup Fishcrisp Beerbatter
1/2 cup Clubhouse Beerbatter
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cajun powder
salt and pepper to taste
Mix with your favourite beer untill batter is like pancake mix.
Key.....put spices right on the fillets, before dipping in beer batter. Again make sure fillets are dry before dipping.
I also use peanut oil.
ENJOY!!!!!
Kev

For those of you wanting an alternative to deep frying or pan frying {I personally prefer deep frying}, Shake'n Bake for fish baked in the oven or on BBQ is a very good substitute.

Aunt Jemima and beer can’t be any easier; add a few spices to the uncoated fillets and you’re ready to go.
product_orginal.jpg

About a third box of pancake mix to a beer and a half, keep adding a bit of each until you get a relatively thick batter, so that it doesn’t run off but slowly drips from your mixing spoon. Stop stirring the batter as soon as there isn’t any dry flour left and let stand. You see the batter start to aerate (bubbles in batter) you don’t want to knock that aeration down, with more mixing.
Warm whatever oil you’re using to 350 degree; any colder and the batter will taste greasy any hotter will burn the batter but the fish will still be partly raw.
Throw the cholesterol counts out the window and melt in some butter into the cooking oil; 1 pound of butter X 4 liter of oil. I think it adds tons of rich flavor and the fillets brown up golden but not over cooked to get them there.
I’m not a big beer drinker (high test if you don’t mind) and the first time a buddy made this for me; I thought it was going to taste like crap; man was I surprised.

Dan.

Thanks guys!!Looks like you pretty much everyone agrees on the BEER batter style in the deep fryer. And btw,Fisher Price,really ,its just batter, If you r so bent on giving that up lets get some of your hot fishing spots.:D

Not a batter mix but good no less. Place a side of walleye in an 8x13 pyrex dish on a layer of salsa season to taste with pepper and whatever seasoning you wish bake at 350 till it flakes remove cover with your choice of shredded cheese place back into the oven and let the cheese melt and inhale it.[^][^]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks