Off Topic Bench seats??

Just wondering if anyone know what material and what should the be sealed with? 16’ Lund? The originals are messed up. I’d like to replace them all.

I have a folding bench seat I took out of my boat. It from a 18 foot Sylvan. Maybe it fit your boat. 64 1/2 inches wide. Like new.

Last edited:
Plywood bench seats ? I replaced mine on an older 16 foot Lund Great Lakes Edition with best clean sided plywood that I treated with Thompsons waterproofing. I found I had to replace 99 percent of the stainless steel screws and bolts . Not cheap but messing with the old ones were a p.i.t.a. !

I have had good success with spar varnish. Best side of exterior grade plywood, as mentioned above, routered the edges and sanded. I would imagine that a tinted deck sealer would also yield the desired results. Sand well between coats to knock down any roughness.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks