Been a good year (sorta)

packrat

While the perch fishing has been terrible for most of us-- with the fall weather finding a good quantity of mushrooms has been a nice bonus.

have a couple of spots that produce some shaggy manes and this year seems to be a bumper crop. have already had three cuttings that have gone into mushroom soup---and at that there were still lots left to seed the area for another year,

While the perch fishing has been terrible for most of us-- with the fall weather finding a good quantity of mushrooms has been a nice bonus.

have a couple of spots that produce some shaggy manes and this year seems to be a bumper crop. have already had three cuttings that have gone into mushroom soup---and at that there were still lots left to seed the area for another year,
Care to share your mushroom soup recipes?
I grow shiitakes and am looking for a good soup recipe.

Attachments

• E5D02AB0-3A72-4CAB-B4C5-D0976E929839.jpeg
    E5D02AB0-3A72-4CAB-B4C5-D0976E929839.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59

Remember not to have wine or other alcohol with your shaggy manes. They contain the chemical that is used to produce antabuse and can result in a "not so good feeling". Very few mushroom books identify or warn of this problem. It took me several years to find out........

Care to share your mushroom soup recipes?
I grow shiitakes and am looking for a good soup recipe.
simple version

chop mushrooms and saute in butter--2-3 tablespoons until soft, add 1-2 tablespoons flour just enough to make a rue. add 2 cups chicken broth and simmer until it thickens. season to taste. add 1 cup half and half and a little cooking sherry if you like. I find that adding a small bit of corn starch brings it up to the thickness I prefer.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks