Beef Ribs for the Kid

hvyhaul

Youngest is going through some stuff (back living with us) and asked if she gets the new job can I cook something for her on the Treager.

Beef Ribs was the ask and she got the job. 😁

Trimmed and seasoned with salt, cracked pepper and granulated garlic Friday night, onto the smoker at 06:30 this morning.

Used what was left from a pail of Cherry and then finish with Hickory.

220* on super smoke for five hours, then up to 250* and spritzed every hour till done 10 1/4 hrs later.

Started bones down, turned over at 180* and pulled ribs at 200*, no wrap, no rest.

Seasoned potatoes and peppers and onions were the smoker sides.

The Wife asked, "You got room for chicken on there?" 🙄 So now I'm playing food juggling. 😜

Pulled the chicken off at 160* and rested it while I super heated the Gas BBQ to crisp up the chicken skin.

Ribs Verdict? Awesome and Super rich. I had plans to pig out on a whole rib and stopped at half.

So I have more for tomorrow. 😋🤗

Here's some digital evidence of the journey. 🌻

b4trim.jpg
nytb4.jpg
midpoint.jpgchkndn.jpgribpl8.jpg

View attachment PXL_20240427_205813825.TS~2.mp4

Last edited:
Hvyhaul what do I ask for at my local butcher? I would like to try the beef ribs.

Hvyhaul what do I ask for at my local butcher? I would like to try the beef ribs.

Ask for beef Dino ribs @GPS .

Here's how they were labeled (uncut short ribs) but both the butcher and I talked Dino ribs for smoking.

rblabl.jpg

Still want to try Dino ribs? 😜😁🌻

Thanks.
Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten

Last edited:
Thanks.
Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten

@GPS @Crummybun when you get them there is a layer of fat with silver skin under it on the meat side of the ribs.

Carefully shave that off to bare meat.

Leave the membrane on the rib side, (opposite what is done with pork ribs), or they may fall apart on you.

Method is similar to a brisket with a suggested finish temperature of 203*, I pulled these at 200* because they were already butter soft when probed.

Good luck. 😁🌻

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks