be careful --the nets are out in front of Port Burwell--

konrad67

Just a heads up for those fishing out of Burwell---the netters laid there nets straight out in front Port Burwell this afternoon--roughly 50ft all the way out to 60ft --so please be careful and keep an eye out for the white jugs--- hate to see someone get their downrigger lines caught in those nets.

Thanks for the heads up. Nice to know ahead of time what we will be dealing with before we go out at first light. How was the fishing?

I don't care what kind of rigger one has, I'd be dropping a hook on a rope to hawl it up. I wouldn't put my Scottys through that. All my ropes on board exceed the strength of my cables.

Thanks for the info. I hope to get out Friday afternoon. I should mention that we got out this past Saturday afternoon (July 25) - I just didn't get around to posting. Fished 53 ft to 57 feet depth. We went straight out and then headed east (with the wind). Got a limit but had to work for it. Downriggers set at 35 feet with black and gold rippling redfin got about 4. 7 colour leadcore with same lure got the other 2/3. Lost about 5 fish that we didn't see. Only one silver bass and no sheephead. Biggest walleye 6 lbs - overall average about 3 lbs. Tried turning around and fishing west against the waves for a bit but no hits. Again sorry for the late post.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks