Bay of quinte

scuba2000

Thinking of going to the bay of quinte in the fall for few days fishing,What time of the fall would be the best for the walleye?.Also any info on fishing them, do you troll with down riggers,dipsy,leadcore?,or do you use jigs?,any info would be greatly appreciated.If anyone knows of any good cabins or camps with dockage,would be a great help.

Thank you.

To be honest, the fall fishing in Quinte can be pretty tough. It doesn't really get good until the weather turns cold (too cold) and the ice starts to form. We fished down there last Thanksgiving weekend and things were very, very slow still. Guys troll crankbaits (Reefrunners, taildancers etc), some lead core but not many downriggers from what I'm told. Fishing around Adolphus Reach, Long Reach, Picton bay seems to be popular as the fish move back in from the lake.

Check out the Quinte Fishing Forum, the guys there are pretty helpful and share lots of good info.

http://forum2.quintefishing.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Generally speaking the first week of december is when I target heading down. G-Mech is right on....the worse the weather the better the fishing. I won't make the drive unless water temps are 44C or less. Reef runners, manns, taildancers, power dives,yozuri's, all produce. 5 colors of leadcore with non-diving sticks also produces...especially when it's windy.PerfectVue, West Lake Willows, Sunrise Cottages are all good "cottage" places to stay. Call to see what ones offer dockage at that time of year. Most are board sponsors on the quinte board linked above. I would try and stay away from "Jurassic Park". The sportsman motel is also an option. they have kitchenettes in the rooms and are close to the picton harbor launch. Concentrate your trolling efforts from the cement plant to pryrners cove. Remember 1 rod each in the harbor...2 rods each East of the ferry. It's definately not for fair weather fisherman... you have to be preapared to deal with ice/snow/freezing gear...but the results can be awesome.:D

100_1015-1.jpg

The Dude Abides.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks