Off Topic Battery

skinny

Looking for suggestions on a battery to go in a 4cyl inboard boat

The one I have holds charge but doesn’t crank long

I was quite impressed with the Carquest cranking/deep cycle battery I put in last year to keep up with my leaking rivets. Can't remember the group size, but i know i shoehorned the largest one that would fit

I was quite impressed with the Carquest cranking/deep cycle battery I put in last year to keep up with my leaking rivets. Can't remember the group size, but i know i shoehorned the largest one that would fit
I run 2 carquest crankers. 4th year now. Still good. But I know carquest sells Delco now. Napa branded batteries are East Penn. Both good brands. As a mechanic I would prefer East Penn. But I deal with carquest for all my parts.

@Extra Virgin… Did you get the rivets repaired ? Was it a warranty job and what was the problem…

I run 2 carquest crankers. 4th year now. Still good. But I know carquest sells Delco now. Napa branded batteries are East Penn. Both good brands. As a mechanic I would prefer East Penn. But I deal with carquest for all my parts.
If Nappa are east pen are they the same as deka

My boat has a 3.0L 4cyl merccruiser I’ve got 2 interstate batteries they work fantastic

My boat has a 3.0L 4cyl merccruiser I’ve got 2 interstate batteries they work fantastic
Sorry but I would never ever recommend interstate. I used to sell interstate out of my auto electric shop and I stopped. I took on a Mexican brand that was far superior and priced better.

If Nappa are east pen are they the same as deka
East Penn makes Deka. All made in the US. Deka is a more industrial battery used on equipment with more demanding applications. Short term high amp draws, temperatures, vibration etc. Hi end batteries.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks