Bass opener

Water is high and dirty. Slower presentations and bigger baits that create flash and a thump...once you find a few throw some jigs at them. No need to troll in my opinion. Weather looked ok last I checked rain cloud and south wind .
Thinking the same J. Do you use scent or scented baits and if adding scent , what brand do they prefer . I'm in the market for some, along ( I think ) with some type of leech bait .

Hi Mark...my family and I have had many years of fishing LPB & opening day bass season...parents summer home living at booths harbour..
our number one method for our traditional opener early am was flat lining the small rapalas...3 lines...are trolling speed was aggressive covering alot of water...I still remember our best opener landing 65...
live bait was also a favourite..black leeches & soft shell crabs (prohibited) anchored in the deeper water turkey point channel...
all i can say is get on the water early.. rain or shine for that first light bite...
Good Luck everbody..
Good to hear from you Mick . Miss the soft shells .

He's new, I don't think he knows the rules, but I'm sure he'll learn when there's a dramatic increase in boat traffic on the weekend.
Speaking of which , there sounds like there will be even more traffic closer towards Dover as they have that tug thing going on and some sailing event also .

Day 4! I am definitely a rule-follower, so I do hope he figures it out, but I'm not calling him in to have my neighbour hate me over a few stinky smallmouth. Just wanted to say they must be easy to catch if he can bring them in every day. Lol

Day 4! I am definitely a rule-follower, so I do hope he figures it out, but I'm not calling him in to have my neighbour hate me over a few stinky smallmouth. Just wanted to say they must be easy to catch if he can bring them in every day. Lol
Agree with your logic and I am a supporter of an year long open bass season like across the lake ( catch and release) for spawn time however it's not an excuse not to follow the simple rules. Should not be fishing if you dont know the basic regs. He should be aware

Does anyone have any experience with Bass fishing out of Port Stanley? There are some break walls (middle red circle) where there are plenty of boulders and rocks which seem like a decent habitat....

Port Stanley is high traffic area and I'm sure this spot would get fished heavily, if Bass existed here, but I will try tossing some spinners in this area.

Thoughts?

Additionally I'd want to try fishing the river, not sure how far north I can get but there MUST be bass in there?!?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks