Bass Opener

allen12

is bass season open on sat the 26th

Depends on which zone you're fishing in. Zones 17, 18, and 20 yes it opened last weekend. Zones 13, 14, 16 and 19 is this Saturday.

the only zone i would be fishin...is the strike zone.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried top water lures on erie for the opener?and with any success? The reason i ask is i picked up a "live target"surface frog and i have a couple sub walks from rapala that im considering trying if the feed backs good(or if no luck with the plastics,spinners,tubes ect don't work)..I must say...Im more horned up about Saturday than a school boy on dance night!and have you seen the weather forecast??? THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT...gawd im a mess..

Good luck trolling anywhere in LPB this weekend.....unless you want to donate your line to the first d-bag crossing your path on their way out to pottahawk @ warp speed through the parking lot of boats. I think since the weather is better than what we had the last few years, we are in for a royal S@#t show with the amateurs. PS, there are plenty of fish in the bay! Play nice out there (y)

I don't have allot of experience in the Bay, But I have seen top water lures catch a few nice bass. We were drifting out past EC10 and saw fish jumping (for bugs) so we tossed top water and got a few. My best luck was drifting with gulp alive leeches on single hook with couple splitshots a 3' from hook

One more sleep....if you can sleep tonight! I know I wont be able to!! Good luck tomorrow everybody!

Fisher morgans point yester.there was a ton of boats out but very few fish caught.06:30 we nailed a 4.5 lb smally,nice fish! But that was it for my boat. There was two smallies chasing each other sround and around,then one would sit on the nest for fifteen seconds... Then the other one would sit on the nest. IMO they are still breeding..please correct me if I'm wrong. The only boated fish wss taken on a white salted tube. A beautiful day out none the less. A cool part of the day was hearing off in the distance the launch of the 444 + then seeing 40-50 boats ripping west towards you guys.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks