Bass Opener - Inner Bay

JJAZ

3 Boats
8 people
Weapon: Watermelon, dill pickle etc.. tubes, 3/8 jig heads.

Started out of Port Rowan, headed to EC10 / channel as we usually do, arrived at EC10 about 5:45am, and wow was it slow. Drift was great, and we picked up 2, in about an hour. Was planning a large fish fry, and was starting to get a little nervous. Turned on the radio and started listening to the chatter for awhile.
Moved from the channel / pack of boats about 7:00 out to the flats, in about 5.2 - 5.5 feet of water, and was game on - my boat had its limit in 20 minutes....
Was absolutely crazy - you could almost site fish them. They were chasing the hooked ones up to the boat.
As soon as the wind died down ( real flat, no drift out by the point ) - bite turned right off. Headed back for shore around 11:00.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/JJAZ388/20120623-032020.jpg

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/t481/JJAZ388/bassderby2012.jpg

Cheers...

Keep it shiny side down

JJAZ

JJaz Nice haul !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was wondering if you could help me out was heading down that way tomorrow or thursday and keep hearing about the flats is this towards millionaires????

Want to put dad on some fish but am not too famialar with the area have only been out on one of the charter boats and that was quite some time ago so I know where ec10 is but thats about it

Also forcast 15knot sw winds how will this affect the bay

Thanks in advance

Drift

Yes, "the flats" are north of the millionaires and run all the way to the Pottohawk Bar to the east. The water is 4'-6' deep and the bottom is sand with scattered clumps of aquatic vegetation also know as "weeds". :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks