Bald Eagles

B

Big Dave

There are 11 Bald Eagles on the ice along the Causeway today. Quite a site.

BD

Awesome,i could watch them all day.Saw one fly over EMD/CAT in London while protesting on Sat.Probably came from the north branch of the Thames/Fanshawe area.I see them every time i walk the dog out there.Ospreys all summer till mid Sept also.
ry%3D400

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Osprey are neat. Saw one here 3yrs ago, it flew over with a fish in its talons. Storms are kicking the @@@@ out of Long Point this year, hardly any beach left.

BD

Thanks for the heads up Big Dave :D Last spring I saw 2 golden eagles in that area, the one flew 30' above my truck for a 1/4 mile down the 2nd consession! They are massive :0 we are lucky to have such an amazing nature biosphere so close to home!

Nice video.I like how the osprey turned the fish around so it was easier to fly with.Last fall at Holiday Beach Festival of Hawks they had a Bald Eagles foot and a Ospreys foot on a table.The ospreys talons are bigger and a lot more hooked over.In the middle of there foot it is all lumpy and calisted.When the talons squeeze the fish it kinda gets stuck to the bottom of there foot also
.Ospreys Foot.
ry%3D400

Bald Eagles Foot
ry%3D400

There is a osprey nest on Industrial Rd in London,behind Electrozad,look to the top of the phone tower out back.The nest is huge.
Another is ,go to the very end of Fanshawe Rd,where it was a ball park in the 90's.Its is some place that makes rowing boats now.Drive in the parking lot look to the right.There is a couple nests on top of the old light standards from the ball park.Go in Aug cuz the babies are huge and hanging off the nest all day.
The were two more nest on top of the runway lights at the London Airport.They took them down when they built up the N/W corner of the airport.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

There is 2 mating in Woodstock, and I have pictures of the nest and both of them. I am not aloud to post them but they are pretty neat!

Here's a short video, shot by Ron Ridout of Bird Studies Canada, of a Bald Eagle catching a coot from the flock sitting in an ice-hole off the Causeway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFWB8qzYl6I&feature=plcp&context=C39e8871UDOEgsToPDskIpgDie_vTTiJZTy40qMCS2

That is so cool and didnt even spook the resy of the flock. I kind of wondered if they hunted the Coots, they spread out on the ice.

Thanks for sharing that Dave.

BD

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks