Bad News, Another Bad Thing That Has Hit The Great Lakes

Are these the same little critters that collect on your down rigger cables after a day out fishing?? Because if so then they've been around for a while! My first witness of them collecting on the cables was over 10yrs ago fishing with a buddy......either way this is not a good things at all!!
That's spiny water fleas.

well most of the perch that we exam ined early morn had shrimpnot to expect horrible repercusions from this but we ran the tests now not all perch had shrimp but those that did were loaded

well most of the perch that we exam ined early morn had shrimpnot to expect horrible repercusions from this but we ran the tests now not all perch had shrimp but those that did were loaded
Do you mean White Perch? because the guy at the MNR office in dover said the only fish they have any indication that eat them are the White Perch, nothing else.

They also said they have tried to catch them with no success, but he didn't seem to concerned about the Shrimp. He said their big concern is the Asian Carp.

I'd think those spring loaded cylinders the MNR uses to sample water at depths would catch some shrimp if dropped into a cloud. Need a few lateral thinkers at our Department of Lands and Forests.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks