Bad Manners

B

Big Dave

I was on the Lake yesterday fishing perch. There were 2 other boats with me and both friends so we were fishing pretty close together, Nothing around us for miles when a guy in a Crestliner drives right through the middle of us. Not 100' seperates us and this [:eek:)] slows down off plane and throws a wake at 3 anchored boats, then powers up and leaves.

Later I park by myself on some fish. A friend pulls up and anchors 100' away, another boat anchors just off our bow then 2 boats come roaring up to within 75' of us and throw their anchor in, big splash. It is a friends son, they start catching fish when a guy in the second boaat decides he is going to dive off the front and splash around. I asked them not to do that as they would spook the fish. I told them I didnt mind them fishing there as they were so close as the father was a friend. The guy tells me if I dont like it I can move.

My charter was not impressed however we filled out limit of 350 and left.

What a day, I have never experienced so many morons in one day.
:)
BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

They were out there yesterday. I had a guy in a 20' Lund Alaskian pass me full throttle coming in last night at the markers entering the channel. We were waiting for a couple of smaller slower boats . He didn't drop down until half way up the breakwall.Then he decides to stop and have a chat with another boat mid channel and back up the boats he just passed. I just let it go,"you can't fix stupid". He soon motors ahead at what ever speed he felt appropriate and is out of site.As we round the corner for the ramp at Bradfeilds I see he has left his boat in the open slip left of the ramp and the fellow with him is now tending to the boat as he gets his truck. Fine! I ask what side his buddy is planning on pulling out on and logicly he says the left.OK! I pull in on the right dock .There is a newb loading on the left when we dock and @#shole can't wait two seconds and backs this trailer right into the right side and tells me to back out. WELL,by now I have been very easy going but this Guy is really starting to piss me off,so I say NO! By this time the newb has his boat out and all he needs to do is slide his trailer over and get the F out of everyones way. By now there is a good pile of boats behide me and even if i could move back I wasn't. After about what seemed like 10 minutes of chirping back and forth he decide he is going to ram his boat in past mine,missing us by less then an inch. By this time he has attracted a pretty good audience, and after raming his boat up on his trailer ,flips everyone off and has his buddy pull the truck and boat out with him still in it and scurries up the hill. Like I said at the start of this."THERE OUT THERE " Still had a great night on the water regardless.[:(!]:D

I have been on the inner bay fishing for 35 years or so and the worst I have seen is when I throw a marker out and the same charter boat has came to fish on my marker at least on 2 different ocasions Thanks go out to the Big Dick!

Its a big lake people!
Don

foulslayer43 am I reading you right.
If you put out a marker than no one can fish that spot whether your there or not. You didn't state "pulls up next to me" so as you wrote your post you feel you can claim a spot on the lake with a marker for your exclusive use. Leaves me shaking my head.
Maybe he had that spot as a waypoint marked on his GPS long before you ever threw out your marker.

I agree with Woodsman. I find charter operators no problem and I also have a lot of waypoints.
I use markers a fair bit as I troll a lot,no problem with charters.
If I can't find fish I travel over to where they are to have a look so I figure its only quid pro quo.
What irritates me are the drivers who run over the marker , I lose at least one a year in the bay.
Now that most fishing is at north shore there are no issues with boaters running over.

I find you will always have a few that don't give you room. I run my charter boat and only once have had a issue but a quick shout and they give you room. If anyone needs info all they have to do is ask and most of us help out. What works for me may not work for you.
Now perch I can see guys on top of one another because they think it's a tight school but if they were to give alittle room they will show. Just some people don't get boat manners.

Reel Busy Sport Fishing
519-494-9308

I always fish my own spots and dont mind guys fishing decent close but when a guy pulls up on me and tells me if I dont like it I can leave, it kind of irritates a guy:D

BD

519 777 0146

I was drifting and found a spot I put a marker out and before i started my motor a big blue boat moved over and parked 2 feet from my marker! It wasnt a marker left out for anymore time than when I was within a hundred yards of it or more when leaving the spot I take it with me.
Don

What do you expect it's still Long Point.We all have our stories of being in the middle of nowhere with miles of water around and some bodily orifice will go by 50' away and rock your boat with their wake.You swear they just do it to pi$$ people off.

Do you suppose they have these problems in the states where anyone can carry a side arm ?

julier

big dave the world is full of jerks on and off the water. We all under stand your frustration . what makes me mad he was in a crestliner. i have a 1700 superhawk.red and silver black merc.

johnnyo

I think we saw that guy do the drive by on you. He swung in and had a look at us too. People don't get it. The fish are not that tightly schooled out there. We stayed 300-400 yards from the nearest boat and easily filled a three man ticket. Unfortunately, with your rep, I think you're a marked man out there.

You know things are getting bad when Dave complains about the manners of others :D. BTW Dave, when are you taking me fishing?

How high are your chest waders Stomp?

Darryl and I are fishing fun next week. Call me and let me know what days you are free.

PS Stomp. I would never crowd another fisherman!

BD

519 777 0146

quote:
Originally posted by Big Dave

How high are your chest waders Stomp?

Hopefully high enough to wade through all the BS on your charter:p.

Big Dave i can't understand what some of these ignorant boaters do on the water,and who would want to mess with a "Big Dude" like yourself.If I was there on Sat. I would have chased them down for you and bitch slapped the bastards.I stated this in other posts,"you stay away from charters at least 100 yards" or 300 ft.. I think it's time Dave that we start carrying slingshots and a bag of marbles just to "tune up" these ignorant bastards!!!Then they will learn to stay away and boat with more respect!![B)]

quote:
Originally posted by RobNPerch

Big Dave i can't understand what some of these ignorant boaters do on the water,and who would want to mess with a "Big Dude" like yourself.If I was there on Sat. I would have chased them down for you and bitch slapped the bastards.I stated this in other posts,"you stay away from charters at least 100 yards" or 300 ft.. I think it's time Dave that we start carrying slingshots and a bag of marbles just to "tune up" these ignorant bastards!!!Then they will learn to stay away and boat with more respect!![B)]

no, slingshots and marbles would result in lawsuits and charges being laid. have at er if you please while i watch the fun from a distance with my binoculars :D

out of curiosity, if everyone should stay 300ft away from charters, how far should charters have to stay away from other fishermen?

people just need to be respectfull, common sense! Every one wants to catch some fish lots of lake iam sure lots of fish. :DGive people their space?:D

This post is exactly why, after our first trip to TP earlier this year, my wife and I won't return to that area. I really enjoy being on the water and it is wonderful when everyone "respects" each other. However, no matter where you go along Erie's north shore you have those "weekend warriors" who feel that the world needs to see them drive their sport toy close up, and that the waterway is owned by them. I was out trolling bout 6 miles off TP when we decided to anchor and have a swim. Some yahoo in a 30+ ft cruiser decides we are in his way and comes within 20 ft of us. WE WERE 6 MILES OUT! And the "I own the waterway" attitude seemed to be everywhere, including the Barr where we had our line run over (we were jigging) and almost run into twice because 2 other boats felt we needed to move so they could troll. We have since launched from Dover as well as Bruce and the idiots are fewer but they are still there.

I don't get it. What is the reasoning for them? A few weeks ago my wife and I were trying our hand at perching. I looked for the pack off Port Bruce and anchored about 400 yards away. While we sat there I witnessed no less than 3 boats enter the pack at full throttle and not throttle back till they were inside. I am sure some of you here were likely in that group where these boats made there way and I was amazed that no one lost it.

My hats off to you charter guys for having enough control not to sink these dopes.
Steve

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks