bacon on the corner

paddle maker

Just a heads up to anyone out on the bay off St.Williams. There are four cops at the main intersection. Take lake shore if you need to avoid them. No need to wreck a good day on the bay, by being harassed by the opp.

They can earn there raise it doesn't take 4. To stop people who are stopping at a sign anyway. They are only here to kill the only real popular activity this small town has. It is simply a show of force and intimidation. But I sure you are happy to be paying higher property tax so they can make 7% more. Technically it is illegal to stop people unless they are obviously breaking the law, (driving on the wrong side of road speeding, or talking on a cell phone for example). Stopping people to just check is against the law, and against the Canadian charter of rights and freedoms, but proper law enforcement takes work it is easier to harrass every person who is driving home from church. You can give up your rights and defend strong-arm illegal tactics in the name of preventing one accident. I prefer to help people avoid having their right violated by tyrants with no true respect for the people and law they are paid to up hold.

If it was a ride program it is not against the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. the supreme court has made that fairly clear. While it does violate your right to not be unreasonable detained it is saved under section 1 of the charter of rights and freedoms

I will take a drunk of the road any day over a minute of questions !!!! Do every year on the lake fishing with Co,s with nothing to hide what's the difference ????
Wow glad I don't need a paddle !!

When every drug dealer, wife beeter and child molester is behind bars then they can sit around like a gang on the corner. We all know this has nothing to do with drunk driving, and everything to do with generating revenue by busting quad owners for driving past the arbitrary line where it is ok to ride on town line road.

Let's think .... super bowl Sunday ????? Stopped in two different checks today myself ( and I did not mind ) and I'm sure there is many more tonight as for being more than one of them I would hope so would not do by myself if it was my occupation !!!
Do you feel the same about Co officers and hunting & fishing regs ???
As for the price and your thoughts I'd gladly go to the HBC

No issue with co,s or fishing regs. I have an issue with police trying to sabotage the only winter industry in St. Williams. When hells angles control behavior through threat of violence it's illegal but if you put a blue shirt on you hide behind a badge and justify all kinds of bad behavior. They use corrosion the the people who pay them for protection. Kind of like the mob, only less reasonable.

Wow... Everybody is entitled to there opinion I guess... You have to pay to play... Insurance and registration on ATV's and sleds... Not to mention its a good crack down on high theft rates of ATV's... If you drink... Don't drive... Simple...

Police have a job to do . probably one of the hardest dangerous jobs there is. They do however like to show there faces and take it easy doing things like ride alongs checking for insurance and ownership on machines. Drinking and driving., and its not a bad thing . this has absolutely nothing to do with revenue trust me there . guys with attitudes towards the police only make it hard on themselves , you would be surprised what being nice and respectable will get ya

Why do we have volunteer fire fighters, where every time you show up you risk your life. But our police feel entitled to exorbitant salaries. And charge for record checks to volunteer. Those should be free and fast. They can check your record while you are pulled over. They require volunteer fire for any and all lifting due to union. They just don't seem to care to serve the public. They seem to serve their own interest. As a first responder I have seen things that if I had been responsible for would have made the front page if the reformer just disappear because a cop skid, or off duty cop was involved. I used to work with young offenders and defend the police regularly but in the last 10 years something has changed in the way the police deal with the people they are paid to serve. Unless a cop is 50 plus I feel harassed anymore. Until they start behaving like servants of the public. I will continue to truly serve the public by warning people of their presents

If you have nothing to hide what's a few minutes of your time. And yes i'm biased. My father in law is a retired OPP diver.
isn't it funny the ones who squak the most are the ones who try to bully every one they can outa my way im driving drunk or sober don't question my fatal ways lol

I went through that RIDE program. No big deal. It didn't take me any longer to go through than it was going to take me to stop at the stop sign, anyway. It's nice to have them around the Bay a few times a year to keep people sober and honest.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks