Fishing Report B.O.Q Gold. Jan 20th

Brandon S

First ice outting with the brother was a success minus the buddy heater not working 🤬. Good thing Canadian tire had lots in stock. Managed to find some “safe” ice. Lots and lots of sketchy ice. Found multiple spots with less then 2” of ice. Managed to ice 4 nice sized walleye. Lost 4 or 5 right at the hole.
If you’re planning on hitting up the boq, wear your floater suit, have your ice picks ready and spud every step.
Also huge thanks to @Three Bouys for cleaning them so I didn’t butcher them 🤣
IMG_0729.jpegIMG_0750.pngIMG_0753.pngIMG_0751.jpegIMG_0752.pngIMG_0755.pngIMG_0756.png

Last edited:
First ice outting with the brother was a success minus the buddy heater not working 🤬. Good thing Canadian tire had lots in stock. Managed to find some “safe” ice. Lots and lots of sketchy ice. Found multiple spots with less then 2” of ice. Managed to ice 4 nice sized walleye. Lost 4 or 5 right at the hole.
If you’re planning on hitting up the boq, wear your floater suit, have your ice picks ready and spud every step.
Also huge thanks to @Three Bouys for cleaning them so I didn’t butcher them 🤣
View attachment 83692View attachment 83693View attachment 83694View attachment 83695View attachment 83696View attachment 83702View attachment 83703
Great photo’s and report @Brandon S 👍 Too bad that the Bay of Quinte is a bit of a drive from London for me,( I know….motel it ), for a couple of day’s. 💰 😱 lol 😂 I see that the rapala jigging rap is working nicely! One of my favourites to use as well for walleye’s through the ice. Two “thumbs up” 👍👍 back to you in the 3rd photo. For now, I will fish the Thames River off the riverbank in the open water somewhere,to see if there are some walleye’s around,for I have caught them then in the year’s past,around this time.Then hopefully some ice fishing on long point bay for some perch,safe ice permitting. 🤞 Be Safe & enjoy your walleye fry! 🐟🐟😋👍🙂

Awesome. What did you use for lures? Never caught a walleye through the ice. Never caught a pickerel either through the ice.

Awesome. What did you use for lures? Never caught a walleye through the ice. Never caught a pickerel either through the ice.
This was our first time catching walleye on the ice. Fished for them a few times in the past with no success. We caught the fish on the outside lures. Inner ones might have worked better but the outside ones seemed to do the trick and I wasn’t gonna change what was working.
The clacker produced more than the moonshine, but I found jigging the moonshine brought more fish in. Tipped the treble hook on the moonshine with a minnow head and a whole minnow on the clacker.

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpeg
    IMG_0655.jpeg
    382.8 KB · Views: 45
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks