Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Stomp,

I know you were going to look into my avatar, is it doable? If not, I will change to something else.

Jim

Jim, because you're an all-around nice guy (and you own a boat that regularly heads to Bluff Bar) I've looked into this. I need to see if I can get something called "ImageMagick PECL Extension" installed on the server. Stay tuned...

Thanks Stomp, you're the best.
I'll get you out to the Bluffs soon for some Pike, I need more water than what there is right now before I can get the boat out of Old Cut.

OK, took a while but my server guy got the component installed. It's still not working, but I think it's getting close. The same component will also make posted photos look better, sharper - so they say.

Jim, it's all ready to go now. Please upload your avatar again and it should now be animated.

No problem Jim; glad you asked for it because I think we now, in addition to having animated GIFs, have better imaging processing software under the hood.

Jim...... I don't know how my picture got on your avatar...Sorry bout that...I gota see how to get that fixed... Doug

Doug and Jim, if you reply to a thread, the new software shows a small version of your avatar superimposed over the bottom right corner of the avatar of the person who created the thread. I think that this little 'reply avatar' is only visible to the current user, that's why Jim doesn't see your avatar Doug. If you reply to a thread that you started, you'll see your big avatar and a little copy of your avatar in the bottom right corner. If you 'hover' your mouse over the bottom right avatar, and are using the Google Chrome browser, it will tell you how many times you have replied to that thread. If you're using the Internet Explorer browser, hovering over an avatar just shows the corresponding user's name. If you're not logged in, you won't see your reply avatar anywhere. I didn't find the documentation for this, so I could be all wet here.

Note: Highly recommend downloading and using Google Chrome (obviously I'm a big Google fan).

Stomp................ Ok... That seems to be the case altho I can't speak to the fact that I'm the only 1 seeing it,,,,, but it makes sense & I can't see any1 elses thumpnail pictures............ Thanks for the answer Stomp.....

Thx for raising this canslayer; I saw the thumbnail avatars and I didn't understand what they were about either. Now that I think I understand them, I think it's a pretty cool feature. It quickly shows you to which threads that you've contributed (and I'm contributing waaaaay too much these days).

Thx for raising this canslayer; I saw the thumbnail avatars and I didn't understand what they were about either. Now that I think I understand them, I think it's a pretty cool feature. It quickly shows you to which threads that you've contributed (and I'm contributing waaaaay too much these days).
Stomp............ Ya that is a real handy feature.... This site really is a huge improvement,,,just gota play with it 2 get 2 understand all the toys it has 2 offer...... Gud job,,well done..

Thanks Larry, did you give up on fishing at the Point. Haven't seen you down for sometime.

Thanks Larry, did you give up on fishing at the Point. Haven't seen you down for sometime.
No Jim , this 6 day work for over three years is great for pocket book and buying toys:))) More fishing stuff, paying for big garage for storing toys but takes its toll on fishing :(
Save all my holidays for pics bows perch and Muskieeee Closer to burwell and Bruce than the Point soooo Still love and miss the Point though
And at 61 years old just cant do the work all night then fish all day thing
Age starting to suckkkk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks