August winds, grrrr.

Bassassin

I don't see a single day this weekend and through the week it might be safe enough to venture out. over 30K Sat. Sun and up to 50KPH the rest of the week. The only bonus of August winds is that all the algae on the beach is gone. I can't wait until we head to Lake St. Clair next month. I'm thinking about trailering it north somewhere for an overnighter. Port Severn or Stoney Lake maybe. It was nothing to go for the day and return from Hamilton when I was younger to those spots.

My new BBQ went for a ride off the deck the other night during that storm. Only a dented door and side tray. Full tank, a log inside and jammed with a few logs on the east side of it. I took the wheels off it and lag screwed it into the 2X6's, a bit too late I'd say. I think the next time I buy something new I should just take a hammer and hit it so it won't be a surprise I swear. The second week I had my brand new truck a tree branch fell on it and scratched the hood. I cried like a new born. My old 89 GMC beater never got a scratch the entire time I had it. The week after I got my 83 Benz painted (the one in my avatar, my pals home in the pic in Fla.) someone rear ended me in a parking lot and took off. 2 kids on bikes took her plate # and called the police. They both got a 50 buck tip each, I would have gave them more but that's all the cash I had and didn't want to take that. Not all kids are the same, our future is good with youngsters like that. Saved me 500 deductible.

Back