Fishing Report August 31 Elbow

roaddog

Went out from Sandboy to Elbow. Arrived at 2:30. Fished 65 FOW with 4 rods dipsy’s staggered 30- 45 deep. Tried the Minn Kota trolling at 1.8 mph. Got 2 eyes about 40 deep. Made the turn back towards Turkey Point ran main motor around 2.6 mph had all 4 rods go off pretty much instantly. Speed was definitely a factor for us. Used pink panties. Monkey puke and chicken wing.

This was our first time out and will never forget trying to reel in and net and steer the boat. My wife Is now hooked on trolling.0A8C483B-8EFC-4046-8DD3-1C049BB76D35.jpeg

Went out from Sandboy to Elbow. Arrived at 2:30. Fished 65 FOW with 4 rods dipsy’s staggered 30- 45 deep. Tried the Minn Kota trolling at 1.8 mph. Got 2 eyes about 40 deep. Made the turn back towards Turkey Point ran main motor around 2.6 mph had all 4 rods go off pretty much instantly. Speed was definitely a factor for us. Used pink panties. Monkey puke and chicken wing.

This was our first time out and will never forget trying to reel in and net and steer the boat. My wife Is now hooked on trolling.View attachment 17601

Congrats good job, yesterday was my first experience fighting a dbl header and try to steer the boat and landing both fish.
JJ

Was out the 31st as well. Finally had some success with spoons and rrf.. Trolled N/s.. Stangley, success trolling towards point.. Turned around and trolled towards dover.. Nothing.. Spin back around towards lighthouse and bang, bang, bang... Thought it was strange, but if there are currents below, that may account for it. 2 rods, 9 boated and a few lost fish... Nice for a change.. Lol

Tried the Minn Kota trolling at 1.8 mph. Got 2 eyes about 40 deep. Made the turn back towards Turkey Point ran main motor around 2.6 mph had all 4 rods go off pretty much instantly. Speed was definitely a factor for us.

It's definitely a factor @roaddog, if the catch is silver bass or a :poop:head, speed up.

I haven't been dropping my X4D into the water due to the wind and waves as of late, and I have to admit, I miss it as it takes all the guesswork out of lure speed.

I have same. I set my course and speed on minn Kota Then use kicker to push the boat to the point where minnkota is running at about 50-60% power.

Absolutely perfect auto pilot. Wife and myself fish 4 poles and I never need to touch steering

I have same. I set my course and speed on minn Kota Then use kicker to push the boat to the point where minnkota is running at about 50-60% power.

Absolutely perfect auto pilot. Wife and myself fish 4 poles and I never need to touch steering
I’m looking to add a kicker motor. Just can’t seem to find a 4 stroke.

Exactly ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks