Fishing Report Aug 20th Elbow report

I find that the eyes are boat shy they move outta the boats path, when the box is full and a kill the motor fish are marked in the thermocline! But while trolling I always mark fish below that likely lakers and bows. Wife and I got 2 man box just east of the elbow last night in 1.5 hrs! Leadcore took some as did dipsy but riggers we’re dialed in

Yeah, I guess there is an obvious learning curve as with a little luck... Just found it odd to mark nothing all day... Maybe I'll play with his sonar a bit.. It shows travel paths, so trolling lines should be able to be broken down
You definitely should have seen something on your sonar I was is the area Monday but did not show as much as Sunday (attached is Sunday )

Attachments

• 6D68AB54-B4DC-42F9-B628-6612A1F5EFF7.jpeg
    6D68AB54-B4DC-42F9-B628-6612A1F5EFF7.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
Just looking for some vague info about this fishing. I was out there yesterday with the brother-in-law in his smoker craft (white/maroon) and fished with dipsys from about 60' to 100' working towards. Setting 2 about 130 out... Had 2 knock offs, but found it odd to never mark any fish. Is that normal? Obviously you know what you're doing....any advice?
@Onguard1992 I'm constantly watching my Fish Hawk. X4. There is a current out there and you have to compensate for speed at what ever depth the probe is at. With it attached to my downrigger and at a depth of 40-50’ there can be a differential of 2mph or more from the surface speed. You now have to speed up or slow down and it also tells what the water temp is at what depth it’s at, and right now there is only about 2 degrees cooler then the surface.

We use the sonar for depth, direction (mapped path) and speed. Like mentioned earlier, no sight of fish or baitfish which would help dictate depth of fishing. I think just sonar set up poorly.
Do you usually fish North South, or is it dictated by wind/wave direction?

Back