Off Topic ATV insurance ?

fish_for_life

Looking for atv insurance. It’s been years since we owned one and just picked one up for my son and looking for another one for myself.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated if you know of any good deals.

I hope this email can save at least one person the same agony as me as I too had TD as they were the best price, but beware, when my atv was stolen I found out how good cheap insurance really is. Be prepared to fight for your money, they lowball you and pressure you to try and settle the claim fast. I had my local dealer write them a valuation letter of my atv which they wouldn’t accept, I ended up paying for a private appraisal company who again just used the same dealership valuation, it took months of email battle but I held out and they finally paid out. Im now with Brokerlink who have my house and vehicles and hope to never have to use insurance again.

I hope this email can save at least one person the same agony as me as I too had TD as they were the best price, but beware, when my atv was stolen I found out how good cheap insurance really is. Be prepared to fight for your money, they lowball you and pressure you to try and settle the claim fast. I had my local dealer write them a valuation letter of my atv which they wouldn’t accept, I ended up paying for a private appraisal company who again just used the same dealership valuation, it took months of email battle but I held out and they finally paid out. Im now with Brokerlink who have my house and vehicles and hope to never have to use insurance again.
From my thread this spring:
There are companies that insure directly, removing the broker. However, I would never use one, even though I do read every clause of every policy I own and understand its implications. If you can't say the same thing, then you definitely don't want to consider removing the broker, in my opinion. Even if you do read the policy word by word and understand how many ways they have given themselves the advantage, you still want a broker, in my opinion. The insurance company is in business to make a profit. As such, one of the key targets is minimizing claim payouts. This is done through clauses in the policy, implied and explicit, as well as various techniques that at times aren't in the policy (just google XXX Direct (pick any insurance company with "Direct" as a part of their name) refuses to pay). If it is you, with your $100, $200 or even $1300 premium versus the insurance company with their millions of dollars and deep legal team, how much chance do you think you will have negotiating a payout that is optimal and fair to you the policy holder if doing so is not to the advantage of the insurance company? On the other hand, the broker is dependent on your 25%, for each of your policies, and the power of your word-of-mouth references, good or bad, can make or break a brokerage.
Most of us will never need to place a serious claim, but if you need to, you want someone with power in your corner. Feel free to DM if you wanna take the conversation offline. I have posted in numerous threads. My opinions come from over 30 years of buying commercial policies - the search button will reveal my thoughts on this issue.
Remember - when you combine your risk (house + boat or ATV on the same policy) you combine your loss ratio, which determines your premium. And in the insurance world, a claim is a claim is a claim. So place a claim on the household policy for a lost or stolen atv, then the next year for a water or wind damage, and don't be surprised if suddenly your rates go up by 100% or more - or they decline to provide coverage. Seen that more than once.

Insurance companies are scam artists. I go by the "insure only what you can't afford to replace" motto, and get liability-only on vehicles. My ATV insurance is $9.67/mo with Desjardins.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks