Argument and Threats out of Burwell today over the radio

That's it I'm off next week and I'm bringing my crossbow with me!!! Two things that are simple to fix with common sense 1- it is a big lake with lot's of fish give other anglers space and treat them how you wish to be treated.
2- If you're going fishing have your boat ready to go- riggers screwed in, rods and tackle and lunch aboard. Once you swing that boat around back it up, drop the boat and move! I see these people swing the boat to back up and then they decided to load it up buy their minnows ask directions to the barn Etc while there are 20 other boats ready to go. If you're not ready let the chap behind you go -proper manners goes a long ways.

I see this all the time, I really don't understand... When you put the boat back on the trailer pull out of the way, two guys yesterday stop at the top of the ramp to put the straps on, pull the plug, one guy left his truck to go get ice ???? Pull up another 100 feet, Seems like common sense but when one guy spoke up the other guy told him to "F%$*(%@ RELAX" Proper manners do go along ways

Last weekend I was pretty sure some guy was swearing at me on the radio. I had 3 kids in the boat and my auto-pilot was keeping me straight. He came up from behind me and I was watching the kids not behind my back. He could obviously see me just fine but kept moving towards me -- I was going slower than him. I turned 20 degrees to get away from him and he just matched me. I just don't understand why the assumption is that you are trying to get close to someone so you essentially do the road rage tailgate maneuver -- I just didn't see you.... I don't want to get my stuff tangled in yours and why is it ok to threaten people on the radio?

Last weekend I was pretty sure some guy was swearing at me on the radio. I had 3 kids in the boat and my auto-pilot was keeping me straight. He came up from behind me and I was watching the kids not behind my back. He could obviously see me just fine but kept moving towards me -- I was going slower than him. I turned 20 degrees to get away from him and he just matched me. I just don't understand why the assumption is that you are trying to get close to someone so you essentially do the road rage tailgate maneuver -- I just didn't see you.... I don't want to get my stuff tangled in yours and why is it ok to threaten people on the radio?
It's not ok at all w all make mistakes shit happens these douche bags need to grow up or better yet fish somewhere else I have never had a problem at burwell on 68 hopefully I never out there to have fun not to throttle some idiot lol

And some people still wonder why I keep my mouth shut during the inland runs. Some people are f#@^%d!

I was out in the Bay a number of years back. A fella ran his boat , on plane right through our set up. He nailed the flat lines but not the riggers. We simply left a note on his boat when we returned to shore, just outlining how far these lure can sit behind the boat. This individual sent us a note back with an apology, along with two nice new deep divers. Sometimes a little education is worth a lot more than the yelling. I am sure this fella will keep space in the future. People that do things intentionally, well that is a different matter.

Can't fix stupid. I was out of Burwell on Saturday fishing tight against a net running parallel with it. As I was getting to the end of the net (where the flag is for those who don't know) a blue starcraft running perpendicular crossed my bow some 500' in front of me which was ok, cutting it a little tight but ok none the less. However this idiot decided to turn and run parallel as well and gave me no room at all forcing me into the nets to avoid his boards. I scrambled to grab my starboard planer line and yank it in by hand some 75 feet not an easy task with three lines attached and a fish being brought in as well. I was all by myself till this yoyo showed up and pulled a dick move. All the more reason NOT to post results on an open forum. Too bad as many have said its a big lake and the few ruin it for the many. PS got your numbers starcraft.

I agree with you. I understand why guys post how they did , but I don't agree with it in particular. It attracts lots of attention and causes issues. I know Erie is a big lake, but there are a metric sh€t ton of fishermen in S Ontario as well. You can share that info with guys privately if you want, even through PM's.

I agree with you. I understand why guys post how they did , but I don't agree with it in particular. It attracts lots of attention and causes issues. I know Erie is a big lake, but there are a metric sh€t ton of fishermen in S Ontario as well. You can share that info with guys privately if you want, even through PM's.

Its not a secret the fish are out there. Every tackle shop will tell you where to go. The marinas are full of boats -- I don't think they are there just to float at the dock. With low interest rates way too many people are borrowing and buying toys. I don't think people are buying boats to just sit in their driveway. Low gas prices are probably helping make it more likely for someone to buy a boat and go for longer rides.

To each their own. It's a free country, people can do what they like. I've seen the damage the Internet can do on smaller water bodies, and keep reports close to the vest. I might share info privately with a couple people but that's it. When I want to know how the fishing is, Generally I haul my boat out and giver! Yes Erie is a big lake, and yes people know they are out there, but I bet maitland is busier than usual this weekend, weather dependant! Anyway, carry on!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks