are you missing a boat?

Darryl

boat was found adrift in Longpoint channel after wind storm and has been put inside.
Please call 519-854-3093 to identify and claim
Marina Shores has the key to claim boat.

boat came untied from dock during 100km wind storm 2 weeks ago and was found adrift and was re-tied up in channel.
we moved it into boathouse Monday and it was claimed yesterday

thanks

Could you have claimed it under salvage laws? Not that you would, but if no owner came forward, what is the law?

let me guess they were kite fishing :banghead:, 16 ft and 2 meter waves ummm you do the math . never want to see a fellow baoter in distress but like the previous caller said. "you cant teach stupid"

Could you have claimed it under salvage laws? Not that you would, but if no owner came forward, what is the law?

Albert two types of advice I would never take on the internet is medical and legal. Unless of course of that advice comes from a medical Doctor or a Lawyer. And legal advice is iffy from a Lawyer at the best of times.

Oh come on guys, the owner of the boat doesn't deserve the tag "STUPID" because a storm blew his boat from where it was tied at the dock. He wasn't out in the storm nor was the boat adrift in the bay, it was in the channel which @Darryl so clearly explained. If the same situation happened to me I'd be quite thankful someone brought my boat back.

@whitetailhunter,

The stupid tag wasn't intended for the guy who's boat was found, it was for the dingdongs that needed to be rescued on the lake Wednesday after going out to do who knows what in 3 meter plus seas. Now that's beyond stupid. Intelligence is a DNA thing not much can be done about that, ignorance is far worse than stupid.

@whitetailhunter,

The stupid tag wasn't intended for the guy who's boat was found, it was for the dingdongs that needed to be rescued on the lake Wednesday after going out to do who knows what in 3 meter plus seas. Now that's beyond stupid. Intelligence is a DNA thing not much can be done about that, ignorance is far worse than stupid.
That's exactly what I was referring to, thx for clearing that up WTP

@whitetailhunter,

Sorry, I missed the post by HTHM so I thought you were all ganging up on the poor guy that lost his boat. No wonder I couldn't figure out why everybody was hammering him. o_O :oops:

This is what I call the silly season as far as fishing goes. For other than the Steelhead guys and some real diehards it's a long time until January. Then we hope there's some ice to walk on.

So therefor we need to talk about something, (Rob Ford?) and we nit pic a bit, something I never do (eyes now rolling).

The 3 guys were hunting ducks,,& the weather wasn't all that bad 4 us duck hunters,,media never gets the story correct,so don't believe all u hear or read frum media,,,who has ever seen a 3 meter wave ,,near Little Rice bay,, on a west wind?

The 3 guys were hunting ducks,,& the weather wasn't all that bad 4 us duck hunters,,media never gets the story correct,so don't believe all u hear or read frum media,,,who has ever seen a 3 meter wave ,,near Little Rice bay,, on a west wind?

The article says 2 m waves which is 6.5 ft.

I agree. Is it even possible for there to be 6.5ft waves in the bay near shore, especially with a west wind? I've been out fishing bluff bar and the main channel on days where it's windy enough for everyone else to head back to shore and the waves have never been that high with wind from any direction.

Now, out of Burwell on the same type of day where each low between the waves results in seeing nothing but water around you is a different story....:cool:

I've hunted and fished the inner bay for over 40 yrs and never seen 6.5 ft wave.Now once your past the mouth of the bay whole new ball game.

The article says 2 m waves which is 6.5 ft.

I agree. Is it even possible for there to be 6.5ft waves in the bay near shore, especially with a west wind? I've been out fishing bluff bar and the main channel on days where it's windy enough for everyone else to head back to shore and the waves have never been that high with wind from any direction.

Now, out of Burwell on the same type of day where each low between the waves results in seeing nothing but water around you is a different story....:cool:
ch312........ , I was referring 2 the comment frum WhatsthePoint....Quote.... it was for the dingdongs that needed to be rescued on the lake Wednesday after going out to do who knows what in 3 meter plus seas. That's y I said 3 mtr waves.....I've fished & hunted the bay 4 40+ yrs & never heard of a 6.5ft wave in the inner bay.....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks