Are the Cranes still around?

GPS

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Heard reports that there where a few flocks of Sandhill Cranes near Longpoint. My wife is an amateur birder and would like to
get a few photos of them. We're two hours away, and would like to know if they're still in the area.
Thanks to those that reply.

Heard reports that there where a few flocks of Sandhill Cranes near Longpoint. My wife is an amateur birder and would like to
get a few photos of them. We're two hours away, and would like to know if they're still in the area.
Thanks to those that reply.
Yes lots still around, all migrating birds present in large numbers

Sand Hill cranes never really left the area, if anything I think more just showed up ? Take a drive on Lakeshore Road west of Port Rowan all the way to #23 and you can turn around at the church. I haven't seen any birds west of that intersection. Maybe go up the Gore Rd. to Conc. #1A and take it back east to the West 1/4 Line then south back to Lakeshore Rd. Please be careful of traffic ! Try and find safe spots to pull over and stop at and if you get out of vehicle wear something bright so other drivers see you .

Have seen cranes ... Robins ...white Trumper Swans ...so far .
No grackels or redwing blackbirds....spring is right around the corner ...

Thankyou Old Cut for the places to start.

Drove over to Booths Harbour yesterday using the Front Rd. and only saw geese and swans. Seems the Sand Hills like whatever is on the west side of town ?

There were Tundra Swans off Front road west of St. Williams after the bends, yesterday. A good sized flock of cranes west of Lakeshore Rd. south of the bend at Backus. For sure try around con. A and con. 1 on Hwy.59 just north of Long Point. Saw some birds in open water at the mouth of Dedrick Creek on the weekend. Snow has gone down here from the fields. There also seems to be an irruption of Redpols around my feeder. Huge number of birds in the open water just outside the Inner Bay with the Eagles moving them around this AM.

Havent seen the pelican since then. And im down there every weekend . lots of crane and swans and geese and duck as stated above .

Thanks guys, went for a sunny drive today and my wife was able to get some great photos.
Thanks again for your input

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks