Fishing Report April 6&7 inner bay

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Late start on Tuesday at 2pm. Trolled for pike for 3hrs running a variety of baits.. went 5/5 +3hits with no hook up, kept two 30+inch. Wrapped that up and got on the perch hunt for the last 3hrs. Managed 40 to keep and likely another 40 released.
west of ec10. Water temp was 44° over 8fow20210406_222352.jpg.

After getting a couple healthy scoop of fresh lively minnows and purchasing a new/my favorite hard to find bait bucket at lake Erie bait&tackle 20210408_124637.jpg we were in the game by 11am. Started trolling for pike again with limited results. 1/1(34") and 3 hits. After a few hrs we Gave up the big rods and constant cleaning the baits of floating weeds for the perch rods. Dropped the achor once in 12fow and not long after set up they started pouring in. Minnow rigs and 5/16oz jigging raps were tops once again. A 3.5-4lb bronze back made an appearance to the party as well20210407_182234.jpg20210407_182245.jpg. Gave up counting the doubles after 20 on my and buddy did about the same if not better on his end20210407_191627.jpg. Lots of big keeper perch moving around20210407_161225.jpg and GOBS,HUNDREDS of 6-8inch perch were at the ready as soon as some sort of offering got to the bottom. 20210407_223336.jpg
Water temp was holding at 47.7° near ec10. Water Clarity was around 4ft for sure. Slight easterly wind and plenty of warm sun light. A hand full of other anglers were also capitalizing on the hot bite and fair weather in the rich waters near the big buoy..I should suspect they too limited out for the way the were pulling fish top side one after another.

Late start on Tuesday at 2pm. Trolled for pike for 3hrs running a variety of baits.. went 5/5 +3hits with no hook up, kept two 30+inch. Wrapped that up and got on the perch hunt for the last 3hrs. Managed 40 to keep and likely another 40 released.
west of ec10. Water temp was 44° over 8fowView attachment 39901.

After getting a couple healthy scoop of fresh lively minnows and purchasing a new/my favorite hard to find bait bucket at lake Erie bait&tackle View attachment 39904 we were in the game by 11am. Started trolling for pike again with limited results. 1/1(34") and 3 hits. After a few hrs we Gave up the big rods and constant cleaning the baits of floating weeds for the perch rods. Dropped the achor once in 12fow and not long after set up they started pouring in. Minnow rigs and 5/16oz jigging raps were tops once again. A 3.5-4lb bronze back made an appearance to the party as wellView attachment 39905View attachment 39903. Gave up counting the doubles after 20 on my and buddy did about the same if not better on his endView attachment 39902. Lots of big keeper perch moving aroundView attachment 39906 and GOBS,HUNDREDS of 6-8inch perch were at the ready as soon as some sort of offering got to the bottom. View attachment 39907
Water temp was holding at 47.7° near ec10. Water Clarity was around 4ft for sure. Slight easterly wind and plenty of warm sun light. A hand full of other anglers were also capitalizing on the hot bite and fair weather in the rich waters near the big buoy..I should suspect they too limited out for the way the were pulling fish top side one after another.
I still can't cast that far. :LOL:

believe or not last time I was at Dover there was a person fishing below Misener's dam while standing on a "wake"? board

After getting a couple healthy scoop of fresh lively minnows and purchasing a new/my favorite hard to find bait bucket at lake Erie bait&tackle View attachment 39904 we were in the game by 11am. Started trolling for pike again with limited results. 1/1(34") and 3 hits. After a few hrs we Gave up the big rods and constant cleaning the baits of floating weeds for the perch rods. Dropped the achor once in 12fow and not long after set up they started pouring in. Minnow rigs and 5/16oz jigging raps were tops once again. A 3.5-4lb bronze back made an appearance to the party as wellView attachment 39905View attachment 39903. Gave up counting the doubles after 20 on my and buddy did about the same if not better on his endView attachment 39902. Lots of big keeper perch moving aroundView attachment 39906 and GOBS,HUNDREDS of 6-8inch perch were at the ready as soon as some sort of offering got to the bottom. View attachment 39907
Water temp was holding at 47.7° near ec10. Water Clarity was around 4ft for sure. Slight easterly wind and plenty of warm sun light. A hand full of other anglers were also capitalizing on the hot bite and fair weather in the rich waters near the big buoy..I should suspect they too limited out for the way the were pulling fish top side one after

Way to go 6G.
I launched out of Collins Harbour at 420 and went straight out to give it a try where we left off in the fall, but it was slow. Then made the dash to EC 10 and anchored just north of you around 5pm. We were using worms as they were out of minnows and we caught a few but nothing great. Moved in closer and had way better luck there with our worm offerings

Cheers
Brian

Way to go 6G.
I launched out of Collins Harbour at 420 and went straight out to give it a try where we left off in the fall, but it was slow. Then made the dash to EC 10 and anchored just north of you around 5pm. We were using worms as they were out of minnows and we caught a few but nothing great. Moved in closer and had way better luck there with our worm offerings

Cheers
Brian
I wanted to try out some good old dew worms but it slipped my mind until I was ready to bait some hooks. Lol!
How did they work out for you?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks