Anything out of Maitland YET?

Tboz

Was at Erie tracker this afternoon to pick up a few supplies and more tackle to wash. Was talking with a few of the guys and they were saying it is very sporadic all the way from Port Colborne to Niagara River.... One fellow mentioned the "Can" out of Maitland. I have never heard of that. Is this a place? I have heard of the "Can" out of Surgarloaf not Maitland.

Any thoughts?

Tecumseh Reef red buoy?

Last I heard that place is comatose for eyes. I haven't even tried this year.

This is my guess… we need a week of no rain and then they start to move. Lots of food is washing in the water to the food that food eats. Next week is my bet.

That's what I keep hearing - too much bait - but I haven't seen fishing this tough for this stretch of time in a long time. Starting to regret not slipping the boat in Lake O instead of Lake E this year. I did fish Tecumseh in late June and it was crap then too. At least for me....

I have the live scope on my new Garmin set up and I can see the clouds on the screen are all little bait fish swimming around.

I haven't heard of the "can" out of Maitland either, and yes, I'm waiting for the walleye to come over here as well🎣🎣. Let's hope it's soon-to-be 😎

The "can" is the red buoy at the south tip of mohawk island reef and the red buoy at the south tip of tecumseh reef. I was out past sunday 72 fow straight out from port I noticed a lot more bait and some marks on bottom . We boxed 1 about 5lbs lost 3 at the side of boat. The 1 fish was pealing line twice never got see it not sure what it was. Hopefully in a couple weeks it picks up 🎣

Thanks @girlfisher for that info. That's why this forum is so helpful. I've been at that bouy by Mohawk Island before, fishing for SM.

Was at Erie tracker this afternoon to pick up a few supplies and more tackle to wash. Was talking with a few of the guys and they were saying it is very sporadic all the way from Port Colborne to Niagara River.... One fellow mentioned the "Can" out of Maitland. I have never heard of that. Is this a place? I have heard of the "Can" out of Surgarloaf not Maitland.

Any thoughts?
Your right Tboy the can is actually out of Colborne and is the weather buoy area, it sits in 85FOW and would be a 16 mile run from Maitland on a hard SE heading. As for Maitland there is no Can, you have the markers (Mohawk or Tecumseh) the fingers and then the drop off, it runs E / W from the fingers to out side the reef..

Cheers Bic4d.

I was out Monday at Maitland and off the can at Mohawk I started at 50 FOW and ended out passed the fingers. The only thing I caught was 2 Sheephead the first one was off the rigger set near the bottom, when it hit I thought I had a Salmon on it screamed line out, I was thinking I had the biggest Walleye of the lake:eek::eek: I babied my retrieve, what a disappointment when I saw it.

Attachments

• 64839065051__1CC87270-B4AB-45AC-A446-F3ED8E2D9083.jpg
    64839065051__1CC87270-B4AB-45AC-A446-F3ED8E2D9083.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 33
Your right Tboy the can is actually out of Colborne and is the weather buoy area, it sits in 85FOW and would be a 16 mile run from Maitland on a hard SE heading. As for Maitland there is no Can, you have the markers (Mohawk or Tecumseh) the fingers and then the drop off, it runs E / W from the fingers to out side the reef..

Cheers Bic4d.
Yea they also call that weather bouy" The Jug"...anyway I thought he was talking out of maitland which i call the red cans 🍻🎣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks